All applications must be submitted through the Cold Stone Job Application portal found at the link below:
Applications submitted on Indeed but not submitted on the above job application portal will not be considered.
Job Summary: Crew members are responsible for serving the customer and ensuring that the customer gets “The Ultimate Ice Cream Experience” by being friendly, fast and efficient. Crew members are responsible for maintaining a neat and appealing store by daily cleaning of all areas, including the bathrooms, service area, lobby, and kitchen. Crew members are responsible for keeping the working area immaculate and appealing by restocking items, handling food in a safe manner, and following all required procedures and practices.
- Accurately handling cash, including making change, tracking coupons, and discounts. Knowing and understanding how to operate the POS system (cash register).
- Maintaining a clean store environment. This includes; cleaning equipment, floors, food service area, and bathrooms, patio, and store exterior; removing trash; mopping, washing dishes; cleaning floor drains. Some or all these tasks will require bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling, and using ladders. Correctly using all checklists.
- Providing great customer service. This includes fast, friendly service; welcome customers within 3 seconds of entering store; keeping the service area stocked and neat; knowing the ingredients in all of the Cold Stone Signature Creations, and singing. Be the best…be #1!
- Practicing food safety procedures daily. Correctly use all checklists. Conform to uniform and personal hygiene directives to ensure the serving of safe food to our customers.
- Conducting inventories and preparing stock. This requires working in the walk in freezer (-10 degrees Fahrenheit), and refrigerator (35-38 degrees Fahrenheit). Correctly using all checklists and math skills.
- Scooping correct amount of ice cream. Preparing the customer’s order using correct amount of mix-ins. Properly ringing customers in the POS system, ensuring that items are not under-rung or over-rung.
- Preparing products on the co-brand “Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory” that we have in-house. Maintaining a neat display of caramel apples, chocolates, and retail items. Properly packaging chocolates and cutting/packing caramel apples. Properly ringing Rocky Mountain products in the POS system.
- Following any ad-hoc directives and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Consistently achieve sales goals and other measured metrics (i.e. Mix-in %, Waffle %, Signature Creations, Love-it and Gotta-Have-It sales, etc). These goals are set by crew leaders and managers.
- Improve customer satisfaction and service as measured through brand complaints, as well as through online review pages (Yelp, Google Maps, Facebook, TripAdvisor).
- At least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the store location, as well as flexible availability, especially on weekends and holidays (our working hours are from 9 AM - 11 PM each day, with a variety of shifts available in the mornings, afternoons, and primarily evenings). Evenings, weekends, and holidays are critical to our business and flexibility during these periods is a must.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced setting, working on your feet for extended periods of time, and lifting up to 30 lbs on a consistent basis.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $13.25 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Glenarden, MD 20706: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Applicants must complete their application at the Cold Stone Creamery website. Please acknowledge that you will complete the application at the site listed in the job description (as well as linked here).
Work Location: One location