Position: Business Release Manager, US Change Team
Reporting to: VP of Change, US Operations
Location: Atlanta, GA
Hiscox is a leading specialist insurer dating back to 1901 and currently has offices in 11 countries throughout the UK, Europe and the US. We are not a traditional insurer. We target niche risks that other insurers often find too complex to underwrite, such as emerging professions, media and entertainment, technology/data privacy, management liability, kidnap and ransom, and fine art.
The Hiscox USA division was established in 2006 and is now the fastest-growing division within the Hiscox Group. Given our explosive expansion, we are looking for an experienced Business Release Manager to ensure we deliver our growing pipeline of project and small change into our policy administration, billing, claims, and portal systems.
Why Hiscox in the US?
Hiscox offers a work environment where you are encouraged to challenge convention and find creative ways to solve core problems. The entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well in our US division and we continue to lead by example. As a Business Release Manager, driving and facilitating stakeholder management and software release prioritization will be paramount to our continued success in the market.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced business relationship manager to coordinate the change control function for our integrated policy, claims, billing, portal platform. In this role, you will setup and manage a change control forum to facilitate product and systems change control. Your primary objective is to manage the pace of change. Key peer roles you will be interfacing with are the IT Release Manager, Platform Architect, and Business Readiness Testing Lead, amongst others. In this business-focused, high-profile role, you will ensure that code, product, and configuration changes are delivered in a prioritized, safe, and predictable way. You will be designing fit-for-purpose capabilities that ensure system and process changes are delivered to meet the needs of our various business units. Key responsibilities include setting up and facilitating the change control forum, managing stakeholders, ensuring cross-functional participation, working closely with IT Architects, Release Managers, and Portfolio Managers, resolving prioritization conflicts, surfacing and managing delivery risks, conducting cross-product and cross-infrastructure impact assessment, and helping us to continuously evolve our change delivery practices. You should have excellent stakeholder management skills, a passion for release and change planning, and demonstrated experience delivering business change in an Agile environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage the business change process for our integrated platform on a day-to-day basis, incl. guiding and overseeing submission, assessment, prioritization, and elaboration of change
· Implement and facilitate the business change control forum, incl. maintaining cross-functional membership, defining and maintaining roles & responsibilities, aligning stakeholders on terms of reference, and facilitating periodically scheduled change control meetings to agree on release priorities
· Liaise with diverse stakeholders, including business subject matter experts, IT Architecture, IT Service Delivery, Project Managers, Portfolio Managers, Business Analysts, Product Owners, and External Partners
· Work with the IT Release Manager and Platform Architect to form the Release Team and be the voice of the business in delivering change for our integrated platform
· Drive consistent application and execution of release control and change management practices
· Collaborate with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and the change control function to continuously maintain and prioritize the platform backlog
· Spearhead forward-planning of demand and supply in collaboration with IT Delivery Managers, incl. addressing demand fluctuations and discovering new capacity needs to ensure that IT delivery teams have the right amount of capacity at the right time
· Ensure that release capacity is used in an optimized way to ensure that the needs of business units are met
· Work with technical and product subject matter experts to prevent or minimize architecture or product impacts from delivered changes
· Act as a champion for the change control function within the business, communicating benefits, rules of engagement, accomplishment, and solicit feedback about opportunities for improvement
· Partner with IT Teams and the Change Team to continuously evolve our change control board, release management, reporting, quality control, and change management incl. change intake procedures, prioritization, requirements management, Agile practices, KPI reporting, IT delivery etc.
· Propose and develop guidelines, artifacts, checklists, and provide KPI/metrics reporting to diverse stakeholders
· Participate in Roadmap Planning and Project Portfolio Planning activities and forecast release activities and support resource planning to meet commitments
Knowledge and skills
· 4-5 years progressive experience with platform release management and change control, with at least 2 years demonstrated experience in a leadership function to oversee and manage release planning and delivery
· Excellent stakeholder management abilities to coordinate diverse business and delivery team stakeholders, with demonstrated ability to drive/facilitate tough decisions amongst senior stakeholders
· Strong leadership and influencing skills to build relationships and credibility across variety of stakeholder groups
· Courageous and able to stand up to stakeholders when required
· Effective communications skills, both verbal and written
· Structured and organized, with excellent decision-making, planning, prioritization skills
· Self-starter with the ability to discover and risks and issues to maintain and elevate delivery standards
· Solid IT understanding (applications, infrastructure, release planning, development lifecycle, etc.)
· Insurance background a plus (relevant equivalent experience, e.g. in Financial Services, will be considered)
· Agile certification or demonstrated equivalent experience
· Working knowledge of the project management lifecycle
· Bachelor degree required
At Hiscox, our spirit is guided by our core values:
· Courage: Do the right thing however hard
· Quality: World class where it matters
· Integrity: True to our word
· Excellence in Execution: Consistent, timely, efficient delivery
· Human: Firm, fair and inclusive
What Hiscox USA Offers:
· Competitive salary and bonus (based on personal & company performance)
· Comprehensive health insurance, Vision, Dental and FSA
· 401(k) with competitive company matching
· 24 Paid time off days
· Paid sabbaticals after 10 years of service
· Dynamic, creative and values-driven culture
· Modern and open office spaces, complimentary fruit and drinks
· Spirit of volunteerism, social responsibility and community involvement, including matching charitable donations for qualifying non-profits via our sister non-profit company, the Hiscox USA Foundation
Job Types: Full-time, Contract