PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to provide change management focused strategies for the assigned business unit and provide coaching and oversight to change execution resources assigned to the effort. This includes responsibility for developing and executing the change management plan for assigned efforts approved through the business planning process.
Assesses organizational commitment on change initiatives and plans the actions needed to drive higher levels of commitment of key individuals and groups of constituents for the assigned effort
Develops overall change and communications strategies and plans to support the achievement of realization for the assigned effort
Plans the timing of communications, activities, and events that will build sufficient forward momentum to reach critical mass of commitment for the assigned effort
Ensures a focus on change execution risks and creates appropriate risk mitigation plans for the assigned effort
Aligns with key stakeholders to understand the impact of changes and the ability of people to absorb additional change; Assists in understanding and periodically assessing the capacity and change load, and then identifies strategies to address capacity gaps
Contributes to the program and change strategy in helping senior leaders identify and prioritize organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
Acts as a coach and advisor to leaders who are change sponsors and influences managers from a people perspective
Works with project team and other project support roles to help formulate and coordinate specific plans and activities to support project implementation
Meets or exceeds customers’ expectations, looks for ways to improve their experience while creating a seamless experience by understanding how the Change Manager role, team goals, and daily activities fit into the company vision
Works cross-functionally to manage and organize work processes and ensure most efficient work flow
- Bachelor's Degree with a field of study focused in Business, Psychology, Education, or other business-related area.
- 4+ years experience supporting large, complex initiatives (preferably in the area of change management, organizational development, training and/or organizational planning)
- 2+ years business or client consulting experience with an emphasis on strategy, process re-engineering and/or change management
- 2+ years experience leading projects that required expert application of both change management principles/methodologies as well as project management approaches, tools and project lifecycle phases
- Master's Degree-MBA or Master’s degree in Psychology, Education, or other business-related area
- Certification in an industry standard change management methodology (e.g., Conner Partners, Prosci, etc.), ideally Conner Partners certified
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE:
LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.