Primary Purpose of Position:
Manage marketing, promotions, events, customer service and public relations efforts to enhance the value and experience of customers and visitors within assigned properties.
- Manage advertising, branding, event planning, social media, public relations, and crisis communications initiatives while adhering to approved budgets.
- Implement advertising program through analysis of market trends, demographic and psychographic surveys, media demographic and distribution research, advertising production, tenant participation and cooperation, and program evaluation.
- Manage budget to approved Marketing Fund. Oversee and enhance communications tools to keep retail merchants involved and informed of marketing and event participation opportunities.
- Assist retail merchants in enhancing sales by studying sales reports to identify trends and recommend strategies; advising merchants in the use of advertising, promotions, and designing and executing tactical marketing programs to drive traffic and increase in-store sales.
- Create and oversee tactical marketing, public relations, and promotional plans for new store openings in retail properties.
- Manage signage program throughout region, including implementation of digital directories.
- Serve as “webmaster” for the assigned property websites and manage social media channels as directed (Facebook/Instagram etc.). Develop and update content, architecture, graphics and increase on-line visibility. Manage monthly analysis and reporting.
- Manage content, design, production, and distribution of office customer communications, including print and digital tools.
- Oversee the creation of all communications to office customers about events, retail openings, etc.
- Develop and supervise office customer appreciation events and construction milestone events.
- Create events for office customer as part of expanded amenities offerings at assigned properties (wellness, arts, networking, professional development, etc.)
- Assist in development of marketing collateral with the Development and Leasing teams.
Events, Communications & Public Relations
- Manage event ideation and execution of external events at properties as assigned by Marketing Director (may include oversight of event calendar, contracts, user agreements, certificates of insurance, and production schedules)
- Manage event ideation and execution of internally produced events including oversight of all aspects of execution.
- Enhance and protect Boston Properties’ brand and image by approving all use of photographic images, logos, and or write-ups by contractors, vendors, and tenants.
- Direct and manage the work of outside event producers, vendors, and consultants including but not limited to public relations and advertising agencies as assigned.
- Develop and execute communications plans for merchants, customers, and visitors regarding ongoing construction and development projects.
- Evaluate proposed special events, both income and non-income producing, for adherence to the standards set for the property.
- Represent Boston Properties in the outside community through active participation in civic, educational, and charitable organizations.
- Implement marketing programs to position Boston Properties and our properties as a positive component in the quality of the surrounding market.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with members of the local media, acting as second line media contact in crisis situations as well as non-crisis media inquiries.
- Maintain on-going relationships with Marketing Managers of other Boston Properties venues, seeking ways to share marketing expertise and best demonstrated practices.
- Organize and maintain libraries of reference and resource materials to support marketing efforts and presentation needs of other management groups.
Region Specific Functions:
- Promote Boston Properties’ ownership to internal and external audiences, positioning the property as an important location and destination in the market.
- Work with Marketing Director on executing all charitable efforts.
- Manage retail audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree required with a concentration in Marketing, Communications, Event Planning preferred.
- A minimum of 4 to 7 years of progressively responsible marketing or marketing communications experience to include both qualitative and quantitative market analysis, strategic planning, and marketing program development required.
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years of direct supervisory experience with employees preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and a familiarity with basic marketing research techniques.
- Knowledge of print production, advertising production, media buying, and the marketing incentives business.
- An understanding of building operations and retail sales is desirable.
- Proven initiative, and the ability to create project timelines as well as time and action plans for events and execute them.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated skills for organization and multitask prioritization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Adaptability to changing demands.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications.
- Flexibility with work schedule as work on nights and weekends are required when marketing programs/events are occurring or are requiring preparation.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a fax and printer.
- Involves work such as tours throughout property portfolio usually performed by walking and by climbing stairs.
- Involves movement between departments to facilitate work.
- Involves movement between properties to facilitate regional events.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $83,000.00 - $104,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Reston, VA 20190: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Marketing: 4 years (Preferred)
- direct supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location