- High School Diploma or GED
Position: Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE) Technician
Type: Full Time
Location: Mountain Home, ID
The Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE) Technician is responsible for pick-up, deliver, inspect, service, repair, and perform approved modifications to assigned AGE. PKL Services Inc. is contracted to maintain and operate RSAF F-15SG and United States Air Force (USAF) F-15E aircraft and equipment assigned to the 366th Fighter Wing located at Mountain Home AFB (MHAFB), Idaho.
Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE) Technician
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Perform all maintenance, modifications, repairs, inspections, and servicing on assigned AGE equipment IAW the equipment specific TOs. Inspections may be time-based, usage-based, or directed by higher headquarters.
2. Service all AGE IAW the equipment specific TOs prior to placement in AGE sub-pools, and when requested by the users. Inspect, maintain and service assigned non-powered MMHE. Pick up, service, deliver, repair, and perform approved modifications, TCTOs, inspect assigned AGE and perform corrosion control tasks.
3. Ensure an AGE Corrosion Control and Prevention Program is maintained and a field number system is established IAW TO 35-1-3, TO 1-1-8, TO 1-1-691, MAJCOM instructions, and equipment specific TOs.
4. Ensure mission essential AGE status is tracked daily using IMDS when available. When not available, track AGE status using AF IMT Form 2431, or locally developed electronic product that contains the same information found on the AF IMT 2431.
5. Follow guidance as prescribed IAW MHAFBI 11-250, and promptly respond to government requests to pick-up and deliver AGE. The contractor personnel shall provide necessary on-the-spot training to government personnel on the proper use of the equipment.
6. Expedite responses for “Red Ball” support for the pick-up and delivery of AGE while adhering to all standards prescribed IAW MHAFBI 11-250.
7. Log all equipment pick up and deliveries IAW AFI 21-101 and make this information available to the government upon request. Logs shall be maintained for no less than 60 days. Utilize AF Form 864, Daily Requirement and Dispatch Record, or MAJCOM-approved electronic product to record all equipment pickup and delivery.
8. Any and all other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Required educational/skills background:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum 6 years previous experience in AGE duties. Minimum 2 years of 7 Level experience.
3. Must be able to obtain and retain a Secret Security clearance.
This position requires normal physical functions. Work may require frequent bending, reaching and climbing. May frequently lift and carry items weighing up to fifty pounds and occasionally lift heavier items with the assistance of other workers. Work may be performed on top or under equipment in cramped or awkward positions, including the F-15 cockpit. Normal color/depth perception and no record of emotional instability are required.
Work Environment (ADA):
May be required to work in areas in or near a hangar/ flight line that may be noisy at times. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment when in or passing thru a hazardous area.
1. PKL Services is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer to include EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.