Recreation - Athletics and Fitness
Various park locations
For Fall 2017 Outdoor Season
$10.00/game and up depending on certification
Games are on Saturdays 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Referee's must attend two clinics prior to the start of the season. Attendance must be pre-arranged with the Referee Coordinator.
The Youth Soccer Referee is a part time position that reports directly to the Soccer Referee Coordinator and is responsible for the enforcement of the soccer laws as they apply to the program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Learn and implement the 17 Laws of Soccer as they apply to the Naperville Youth Soccer League.
2. Attend all mandatory referee training clinics.
3. Conduct a field inspection prior to their scheduled games.
4. Inspect players equipment as outlined in the NYS Manual.
5. Conducts first aid procedures as necessary
6. Other tasks and duties as assigned
7. Demonstrates and supports park district customer service standards.
8. Follows district and departmental safety, personnel, and administrative policies, procedures and ordinances.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Distribute written communication as necessary or requested by the Park District.
2. Records and communicates any difficult situations or behaviors to Soccer Referee Coordinator immediately
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge/rules of the game of soccer
- Ability to convey sports rules to participants
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and leadership
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed
- Must be at least 14 years old
- Requires ability to work on Saturdays during the season
- Work is subject to inside/outside environmental conditions
- Requires occasional lifting of light/medium objects weighing up to 10-20 pounds