This is your chance to be a part of the Improving team!
Improving is a custom software consulting company located in Westchase Houston ranked #1 on Best Places to Work survey by the Houston Chronicle for 2 consecutive years (2018/2019).
As a Conscious Capitalism company, our culture provides the inspiration, training and motivation to achieve amazing things. We are constantly striving to live out our values of Excellence, Dedication, and Involvement through the foundation of Trust.
Improving is seeking a Sr. Business Analyst to join our team.
This position is in Houston, TX, expected to start with remote option during shut-down but will eventually work in the Greenspoint area will be required.
The Sr. Business Analyst plays a critical role on the development team as they are involved in all aspects of the software solution and help ensure the solution meets the requirements of the intended solution. The ideal candidate must have excellent technical, analytical, organizational and communication skills along with passion and drive to deliver quality products.
The Sr. BA will lead one of three scrum teams working on a critical enterprise application development project. The Sr. Business Analyst provides analysis, design, documentation, and testing on projects, and acts as the scrum master to ensure projects follow the Agile methodology.
· Work closely with the business and operational teams to fully understand requirements
· Elicit, analyze, and document business/application requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, etc
· Document questions and responses from business owner
· Develop workflow diagrams
· Plan and facilitate user design sessions
· Design application user interface, including screen layout, access, and navigation (using Balsamiq)
· Gather, validate, and translate requirements into design and development specifications
· Develop user stories and break down requirements into deliverable functionality
· Enter User Stories including necessary tasks and acceptance criteria in Jira
· Ensure the teams follow the Agile software development methodology
· Document and articulate requirements clearly to both technical and business audience
· Liaise effectively with development staff, management, end users and other stakeholders
· Maintain and track specifications through traceability matrix, for configuration and other usage change control processes throughout the software development and support life cycle
· Organize User Acceptance Testing with business groups and communicate findings
· Adhere to company data, functional, and user interface standards
· Act as scrum master on project teams
· Lead Sprint planning meetings, Sprint Demo meetings, design review meetings and daily scrum meetings
· Document decisions made at each design meeting and the reason for the decision
· Document Acceptance Criteria in Jira tasks and then perform initial testing by evaluating the product against the use cases, user interface design, acceptance criteria and test cases to ensure the product meets the stated acceptance criteria
· Log issues using Jira
· Assist with user documentation with each release
· Identify any project and design risks
· Provide weekly status reports on projects
· Manage tasks according to prescribed project priorities
· All duties or special projects as assigned by supervisor
· At least 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst
· Experience with Agile software development
· Experience with standard analysis and documentation techniques (use cases, business rules, process diagrams etc.)
· Strong ability to balance competing needs and priorities, and to stay focused on the priorities of the overall business
· Good interpersonal and organizational skills
· Demonstrated ability to elicit and document functional requirements
· Demonstrated ability to design user interface requirements for applications
· Exhibits a professional and positive attitude
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Excellent Requirement Elicitation and Requirements Management Skills
· Strong organization and project/task management skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Self-motivated, results oriented individual
· Experience with MS SQL
Additional Desired Skills:
· The top 3 most important skills they would like to see in the BA:
a. Can engage a group and engage on different levels throughout the organization
b. Being able to facilitate different meetings and take notes
c. Can go up to a board and talk in front of a group.
d. Someone who is used to talking about different technical concepts and topics
a. Conflict handling- how are you going to interface with the dev team when they are not happy. How do you keep people accountable to timelines?
b. Wants the BA to be able to start pushing on the business for requirements and timelines
a. Being able to break down what is talked about in meetings into requirements. Express what is talked about as a user story. What does it look like for a project to go from nothing to something.
b. Taking/pulling effective documentation
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: Up to $70 /hour (DOE)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $45.00 to $70.00 /hour
- Business Analysis: 5 years (Preferred)
- Houston, TX 77042 (Preferred)
- Ability to work in Greenspoint, TX 75206?
Full Time Opportunity:
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Temporarily due to COVID-19