The Part-Time HR Coordinator is responsible for administrative HR functions for the Human Resource Department. This position will report to the Human Resources Manager and provide support for the Human Resources department including recruiting, training, and other generalist functions.
Typical business hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, and this part-time role can be flexible within that schedule.
Education and Experience:
- Heavy emphasis on recruitment, interviewing and selection for open positions throughout the organization utilizing internet, outplacement firms and other non-fee sources to identify appropriate candidates
- Employee relations management including – performance management, counseling, termination, etc.
- Educating employees about FMLA, STD, and other federal and company programs
- Assist with training and development initiatives
- Participate in onboarding process for new employees
- Complete background checks
- Schedule new hire and benefits orientation
- Create and file new hire folders
- Assist with employee perks programs
- Maintain Employee Referral Program
- Managing HR Invoices & Purchase Orders
- HR Filing Compliance
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Assist the department with: Travel & Expense reports, budgeting, maintaining the HR calendar and correspondence & communication
- Assist with: Auditing bi-weekly payroll, managing FMLA & Short-term Disability administration, tracking Rewards & Recognition program and Employee Anniversary awards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1 – 2 years administrative human resources experience
- Basic knowledge of/experience dealing with HR compliance issues/laws/regulations such as workers comp, ADA, FMLA, STD, etc.
- Basic payroll experience preferred
- Experienced and skilled in basic customer service
- HRIS systems experience and knowledge preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented individual with excellent work/time organizational skills, as well as analytical and problem solving skills, essential
- Strong communication and written skills
- Team player with initiative and self-motivated
- Flexible to accept frequent change in priorities and possess the ability to coordinate tasks under critical time demands
- Results oriented