The University of Utah’s Alumni Association is looking for a Marketing / Communications Specialist with excellent writing and editing skills, social media expertise, web design experience, and U school spirit. This position is an exempt, full time, benefited position.
- Manage the Alumni Association’s day-to-day social media efforts, supervise student intern(s) for social media, and help develop and execute the overall integrated social media campaigns and planning for the Alumni Association
- Write, edit, and produce the Alumni Association’s monthly online newsletter, web content, and other PR materials
- Work with Director of Marketing to plan out social media calendar and newsletter content to increase audience engagement
- Writing and content creation, as needed, for: Alumni Association branding and marketing materials; the UUAA website; membership, license plate, and event promotion; press releases and items for @theU
- Produce video content for the UUAA website and for social media
Four years editorial experience or equivalency required. Demonstrated organizational skills are required for balancing multiple projects. Excellent human relations skills are crucial for interacting with various individuals with differing knowledge bases. A related degree may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- Ability to write compelling content
- Excellent editing and proofing skills including knowledge of AP and Chicago styles
- Capable of writing effective social media posts
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud including Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere
- Preference given to candidates who have experience with web content management software and social content management software
- At least two years’ related work experience
Type Benefited Staff Special Instructions Summary
Please submit three writing samples and/or links to posts, along with a resume and detailed cover letter.