The Production Supervisor supervises shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment: plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Qualifications and Skills
Leadership: demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Production Supervisor MUSThave Previous CNC Machining Experience and the understanding of the machining process from education
- Production Supervisor have the ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- .Ability to work collaboratively with Engineering and Quality, and other co-workers at SMC to leverage their expertise to solve complex problems
- Production Supervisor must be able to prioritize work and coordinate multiple tasks within constraints of the position * Must be hands-on and have a personal drive to succeed
- Able to handle conflict resolution and other employee complaints in a timely and professional manner
- A Self- Starter with ability to work independently in fast pace deadline orientated environment and to establish strong team relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree and one to two years related experience: or two years of college and three to five years of progressively responsible related experiences: or Four years of high school and five to seven years of progressively responsible related experience: or a combination of education and experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Production Supervisor is responsible for managing their daily shift manufacturing assignments and post shift assignments visibly prior to shift start
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas
- Work continuously to improve all work areas and contribute to the 7’s initiatives.
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development, assist in making employment decisions, and resolves employee’s issues using a variety of problem resolutions techniques.
- Production supervisor will work with the company trainer to cross -train and promote employees
- Be visible on the production floor, to assist the production floor * Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Facilitate and remove obstacles to production as they arise
- Complete shift labor edits accurately on a daily basis.
401K with a 50% Match
Relaxed work Environment
Pay Based on Experience
First Shift Position
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Production Supervisor: 4 years (Required)
- CNC Machining: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts