Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Charge Nurse (RN) - Full Time Days
Practice the true profession of critical care nursing, and lead the nursing staff as a Charge Nurse. Further develop your leadership skills, get involved with scheduling, staff and patient management responsibilities while remaining hands on as critical care nurse.Select Specialty and Regency Hospitals care for patients who are critically ill and need extended acute hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking a Charge Nurse (RN) to join our team. We offer an exceptional employee experience, an environment dedicated to safety and quality, ongoing educational and skill building resources and advancement opportunities.
Why work for Select Specialty/Regency Hospital?
- The opportunity to build a career with an established, highly successful organization in a caring and compassionate environment.
- Develop specialized skills to manage chronically critically ill patients.
- Utilize all of your nursing skills on a daily basis.
- Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of respiratory therapists, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients regain their independence.
- Develop relationships with patients and their families.
The primary purpose of the RN Charge Nurse is to administer and supervise the clinical care being provided. The RN Charge Nurse is responsible for all safety, infection control, and quality of care issues that might arise while on duty, as well as, assisting with performance appraisals, mentoring staff during orientation, and dealing with disciplinary issues.
- Maximizing management opportunities while on assigned shift
- Effectively managing resources
- Promoting a team-like atmosphere
- Complying with educational requirements while promoting a climate of learning
- Acting as a positive role model
- Serving as a clinical resource for staff members
- Implementing staffing plan
- Participating as a productive member of the interdisciplinary team in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of rehabilitation goal
- Interpreting assessment/diagnostic data including labs, telemetry
- Timely and accurate documentation
- Ensuring medical orders are transcribed and processed accurately
- Competence in Rapid Response and code events
- Teaching and counseling patients/families
- Displaying a “customer service” attitude toward patients, visitors, and other staff members at all times
As a RN Charge Nurse, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid RN Registered Nurse license in state of employment
- Experience with vents / hemodynamics; Critical drips; ET Tubes and Wounds
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- ACLS certification within 6 months of hire
- Skills in handling emergency and life-threatening situations
- Positive, caring and customer-service oriented attitude
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 3 years (Required)
- critical care: 3 years (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts