High Tech. High End. High Time for Bystronic- Houston Texas or General Area
Bystronic is your best choice. We’re an industry leader that truly takes care of its talent. We’re gaining so much momentum we’re moving faster than the speed of light. We’re Bystronic. We’re Global, cutting edge and growing in leaps and bounds. Our products are award-winning and of the utmost quality.
We provide products that our people love to work on...a product that our clients respect . . . a career path that will make your friends wish they worked with Bystronic. We are looking for top press brake and Laser field service technicians nationwide! These positions offer challenge and allow you to build on your skills. Our main products are innovative laser cutting and press brake systems, system software, and material handling solutions for the processing of metal and other sheet materials. You will be installing premier Bystronic equipment and also getting a chance to work with dynamic customers.
Primarily, you will:
- Assemble and install Bystronic equipment
- Perform troubleshooting to support preventive maintenance
- Install start-ups and commissioning of equipment
- Travel to customer locations to instruct customer on applications, machine operation, and maintenance and safety
- Fill out installation feedback reports
- Complete and pass basic course outline
- Order and return parts the right way within our guidelines
What you need:
- Two (2) year degree or higher in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering and/or 2 years maintenance, installation, service work in related industry, four (4) years in Military as an electrical/mechanical MOS or a combination of education or equivalent experience.
- One to three years’ experience in machine tool industry, maintenance, installation and/or service experience involving assembly, installation, start-ups and commissioning of equipment
- Experience servicing nationwide customers involving heavy travel schedule that includes weekends and overtime to meet installation schedules and preventive maintenance.
- Electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics and blueprint reading.
- Basic computer, CNC programming.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Understanding of I/O modules, servo amplifiers, electrical components in control cabinets.
- Understands the relationship between axis motors and feedback systems for each axis.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Able to obtain a Passport
- Live within 50 miles of a major airport.
What we give you: Bystronic gives you support and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Paid Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid time off including unused vacation payout at year end, Paid Personal Days, and direct billing for air travel and car rental!
- Career Path Field Service Training
- Areas throughout the USA
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Specific company provided tools
- Company Uniforms
If you’re feeling stuck in a company that doesn’t make your feel excited about going to work, apply online to our posting.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- machine tool industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- CNC programming: 2 years (Preferred)
- Installation: 1 year (Preferred)
- electrical/mechanical: 2 years (Preferred)