Are you interested in building green field Ad Server for Amazon Display Advertising. Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers every day? We are building the next generation of
Display Ad server that powers Amazon Advertising. If you are a self starter, like ambiguous problems, designing large scale distributed and orchestration systems, look no further.
Amazon.com's Display Advertising team builds and manages systems with extreme high performance and availability. We serve and respond to hundreds of billions of requests annually, and have ambitions to grow that number several orders of magnitude, while maintaining response latencies in the milliseconds and meeting strict SLA requirements. We delight in data, and are constantly trying to enrich our models and make more informed decisions using every bit and byte we have. Our current systems serve our current needs, but we are growing a new business within Amazon.com, and are looking for the sort of hands on leaders and developers who can design and build the systems that will take us into the future.
We are looking for SDEs who are excited about building industry leading, next generation Ad Server. In this role you will be responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, scalability and latency guarantees. In addition you will be expected raise the standards of the organization by mentoring junior engineers, interviewing and upleveling the coding standards. This is a highly visible program across multiple organizations where you will have the opportunity to have a huge impact.
The right candidate will possess a strong technical skills, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large distributed services, and will want to have a lasting impact in the Advertising space. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
You must be able to communicate up, down, and out to technical and business leaders. You must be able to successfully drive architect and build the cloud service based on the vision, anticipate bottlenecks, balance the business needs versus technical constraints. You must be able to take large, complex problems and break them down into manageable micro services, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner. You show be a self starter, show maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape our Advertising technologies, products and business. A successful candidate will bring broad technical and deep software expertise and an ability to technically lead a team in a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to own and operate systems with a immense business impact.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
- PostgreSQL or similar database experience
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience in software development and full product life-cycles
- Experience building high-throughput, low-latency services.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation