The Associate Vice President (AVP) for Human Resources (HR) provides leadership and oversight for the areas of personnel policy development and implementation; recruitment of faculty and staff; job classification; compensation, and benefit/wellness administration; employee development; and performance management. The AVP for HR reports to the Vice President and serves as the chair of the weekly Senior Leadership HR meeting. The AVP for HR is the direct supervisor of the Recruitment and Employee Development Manager, the HR Generalist, the Benefits and Wellness Program Manager, Administrative Specialist- HRIS positions, and the Executive Associate to the AVP for HR.
Required Minimum Qualifications
1. Master’s Degree
2. Five (5) years of experience in human resources administration; or, five (5) years of experience working in the legal field of human resources or employment
2. Specialized professional human resources certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP)
3. Demonstrated ability to understand, develop, communicate, and maintain Human Resources business processes
4. Excellent communication skills
5. Ability to use varying styles and approaches that reflect an understanding and acceptance of the role of culture in a diverse, multicultural workplace
6. Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state legislation and regulations governing human resources functions, including the Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Title IX, EEO, Workers’ Compensation, COBRA, Family Medical Leave Act, etc.