Perform functions to supervise, monitor and direct a team of Accountants in the preparation and revision of accurate and timely monthly Financial Statements for assigned properties, guided by precedent and working within the frameworks of the established policies. Assist the Financial Reporting Leadership in maintaining compliance with accounting principles, policies, procedures and regulations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Supervise the daily functions of the assigned team while maintaining standards of excellence for processes, methods and personnel. Ensure the goals and needs of the department, company and its customers are consistently met. Ensure conformance with Standard Operating Procedures and Policies, ensuring all activities within the team are processed into the system in an accurate and timely manner.
2. Prioritize, track and review accountants’ work, and monitor quality control of all transactions performed by team members.
3. Ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner. Provide direction and assist in the investigation and resolution of internal and external problems and concerns. Track and communicate goals for individual and department performance.
4. Provide on-going training and ensure all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government and customer regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions and deadlines.
5. Recommend personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, terminations, or disciplinary measures. Participate in the Performance Evaluation process of assigned staff and assist in the counseling and coaching of employees. Maintain harmonious employee/employer relations.
6. Review and complete Financial Statement packages for an assigned group of Condominium and /or Homeowners Associations, following the quality standards as instructed by Management.
7. Assist independent CPA audit firm in their audit and review of associations on a year-end, turnover, and/or periodic audit/review.
8. Analyze and post end-of-year audit adjusting entries.
9. Ensure prior month outstanding open items have been resolved.
10. Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
11. Provide assistance to Property Managers and Regional Directors on accounting matters related to the assigned portfolio.
12. Respond timely to requests from Field Staff and/or Regional Directors.
13. Analyze and post end-of-year audit entries.
14. Communicate timely the potential issues that may affect the accuracy of the financial statements.
15. Approve associations budgets according to department standards.
16. Follow up and work on resolution of outstanding items within financial statements.
17. Provide direct training and development of staff.
18. Provide guidance, direction and input to direct reports.
19. Participate in system implementations and enhancements.
20. Assist Financial Reporting Managers as needed.
1. Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
2. Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
3. Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
4. Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
5. Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Supervise a team of Senior and Staff Accountants.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of general ledger accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Strong organization, motivation, leadership, supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently and be self-driven.
Tools & Equipment Used
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under usual office conditions. The employee is required to work at a personal computer as well as be on the phone for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand, sit and walk. The incumbent must be able to work extended and flexible hours and weekends as needed. Physical demands include ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work involves no or minimal travel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- General ledger accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- General ledger reconciliation: 5 years (Preferred)