Wise Coaches is looking for experienced Bus Mechanics!
- Mechanics are responsible for performing preventative maintenance and general repairs on Motor Coaches, Mini Buses and School Buses to company and DOT standards. Mechanics complete all needed repairs keeping quality, safety and expediency at the forefront.
- Diagnose and repair Motor Coaches, Mini Buses and School Buses, including preventative maintenance inspections, repair to air and hydraulic brakes, tires, steering and suspension, electrical, with safety as the top priority
- Perform preventative maintenance, including routine technical repairs and completing repair orders
- Remain technically proficient in all areas of the shop
- Approve and order parts necessary for repairsUse effective interpersonal skills to maintain positive working relationships with team members
- Contribute to the goals of the shop, leadership team, and company as a whole
- Utilize appropriate resources
- Determine most effective and efficient method for repair
- Document work order details within the company’s internal work order program
- Ensure proper documentation is complete, repair orders, filing, etc.
- Abide by all company policies and safety rules and assist in maintaining a clean, safe work environment
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and take appropriate actions,
- Be a positive role model for all team members
Standards Required for Employment
- Demonstrate sound judgement and the ability to make logical decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Use effective time management techniques
- Must be able to effectively and accurately completed detailed work with a sense of urgency, always keeping safety of the forefront and demonstrating safe operating procedures
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and evaluate problems and situations and draw logical conclusions to make successful repairs
- Possess some computer skills, data accuracy, and a willingness to learn new software programs
- Ability to maintain composure and react professionally during periods of stress
- Must be self-motivated and able and willing to work independently
- Demonstrate diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment repairs
- Must be able to work in shop environment in all weather conditions
- Moderate walking, standing, climbing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching
- Work outside and inside around moving objects, vehicles, and machinery with moving parts.
- Bus Mechanic Experience: 1-5 years
Required License or Certification:
- Driver's License Required
- CDL - BIG PLUS!
- Eligible for benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and vacation
- Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Work Place
$15 - $20 an hour DOE
Apply in person: 1312 Central Court Hermitage, TN 37076
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Bus Mechanic: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)