Do you want to be part of something great? Come join our team! At TrueCommerce, we live by three words: Fun, Freedom, and Flexibility. We like to have fun at work through employee organized events from family picnics, golf tournaments, chili cook-offs, winter holiday celebrations, and opportunities to volunteer for charities and serve our community. We provide an environment for flexibility throughout the day to maintain great work/life balance and foster freedom at work by providing a collaborative atmosphere for employees to exercise their own individual thinking. We strive to provide training and development to be your very best in your position and continue on the career path that excites you. In fact, our employees have ranked us a Pittsburgh Top Workplace in 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017!
Did you ever wonder how a box shows up at your door after you buy it online? From the warehouse, to the store, from Amazon to your front door, TrueCommerce handles the business documents required to move that box. As a member of the TrueCommerce team, you will have an opportunity to help our customers sell more products and get them to your door faster. Apply now and be part of this exciting opportunity!
The System Administrator I
has responsibility for the operation, installation and configuration of software systems including performing day-to-day administration and maintenance. This position will also work with a team of IT professionals responsible for the maintenance, growth, and security of our production and development environments. This position is also responsible for troubleshooting application, hardware and other related problems while working closely with network engineers, other system administrators and other technology departments.
Job Responsibilities Include
- Deploy application releases to production and supporting environments.
- Monitor server system and network performance.
- Create and maintain documentation on existing systems and processes.
- Install new and rebuild existing servers and configure software applications.
- Identify and troubleshoot software problems.
- Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
- Identify, recommend and implement specific tools that may deal with systems monitoring, management, and automated deployment.
- Participate in team efforts to establish, document, and implement software installation standards for all systems.
- Participate in team initiatives to ensure the current software environments are well documented and mapped.
- Support implementation of disaster recovery processes (e.g. integrity of daily backups) and business continuity activities.
- Provide on-call technical support during non-business hours as required.
- Determine priority of action based on severity of service disruptions and respond appropriately.
- Implement projects to improve the server and network environments.
- Execute on other assignments as directed.