At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
A State Governmental and Regulatory Affairs position focused on facilitation and implementation of corporate policy positions in state legislative and regulatory affairs matters affecting Exelon’s strategic interests, with a focus on the competitive business units of the company in New England. The position supports Exelon Power, and Exelon’s competitive Retail business by providing monitoring, analysis and state government advocacy in support of Exelon’s policy positions. The position requires regular coordination, communication, and interface with the appropriate business units, committees, and senior management on State-level policy positions, key company initiatives, and the commercial implications of legislative and public policy developments, via timely oral and written communications, including regular reports. The position will function as one of the primary points of contact with State regulatory agencies, legislative bodies, and the executive branch. The position reports to the Director, State Government Affairs and will have no supervisory role.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Assist the VP and Director, State Affairs in facilitating the development of strategic policies at the state level through
- Preparation of written material, including testimony, whitepapers, talking points, and presentations;
- Support outreach campaigns designed to secure external support for Exelon positions on key matters; and
- Participate on cross-functional teams to perform analyses to understand commercial impacts and develop an Exelon policy position.
2. Review and analyze State legislative, regulatory and public policy initiatives with respect to the impact on Exelon policy positions and recommend actions to senior leadership
3. Communicate and translate State policy positions, key initiatives and implications of legislative and public policy to Commercial business unit management
4. The position is responsible for developing relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders and policymakers in order to support Exelon policies through advocacy, lobbying, and relationship management, including:
- Managing relationships with key state and local elected and other government official
- Attaining leadership positions in professional organizations and industry groups
- Participating in and managing direct lobbying efforts of policymakers and staff at key regulatory and other agencies
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, political science, public policy or related field
- At least 8 years related experience including at least 7 years professional experience with management and leadership responsibilities in the electric and gas industry, with at least 4 - years focused in government affairs or external affairs activities
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Possess some knowledge about the electric and gas energy industry; an understanding of, and experience in, electric and gas utility operations, bulk power market operation and the regulatory, political and legislative process
- Conversant with trends and policy implications of current financial, energy, legal and labor issues associated with this industry
- Strong consultative and interpersonal skills to work with diverse groups of individuals inside and outside large companies including Company CEOs, presidents and their staffs, lobbyists, state and local elected and appointed officials and regulators, trade and business associations, foundations, political organizations, and public interest groups
- Masters degree in political science, public policy or related field or law degree;
- A wide network of contacts within the business community, state and federal government, elected officials, and public interest groups.
- Leadership positions in external trade associations, coalitions or industry organizations
- Position reports to the Director, State Government Affairs
- Position requires interfacing with executives in the energy industry, senior elected and appointed officials at the state and local levels and is empowered to represent Exelon interests before these groups.
- Position will be responsible for managing coalition and project budgets.
- This position will have no supervisory role.
- A frequent amount of travel will be required to Exelon offices, plant sites, state commissions and state capitols.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster