ABcom, a leader in mission critical infrastructure design and build, is seeking experienced Sales Executives to focus on new business development. In this position, you are responsible for the marketing and sales of consulting; acquiring new customers; engineering design; and supplying the products and labor to build the cabling, security and wireless infrastructure to new clients.
Purpose: To increase the ABcom market share and customer base and achieve a dominant spot in the Twin Cities as the ‘go-to’ provider of mission critical infrastructure for data centers, hospitality clients, and clients dependent on 24X7 reliability throughout the United States. To achieve profitable sales from your overall proposed opportunities to new and existing clients in excess of your annual assigned quota.
- Develop new accounts within their geographic region through effective prospecting, networking, solution selling and closing.
- Must be capable of achieving a dominant market share position in designated area. Proven and consistent ability in achieving and exceeding revenue and gross margin quotas.
- Establish and maintain customer and vendor relationships.
- Develop business plans, detailing activities that will drive assigned sales and gross margin quotas, including prospecting, account strategy, forecasting and pipeline management.
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify and address prospects key business issues and highlight our proposed solutions to those identified objectives.
- Identify and conduct effective networking activities with solution partners, consultants and other professionals to maximize revenue and generate new business.
- Leverage social media and collaborative applications to communicate and network with customers and prospects.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Develop new clients and opportunities through effective networking and marketing
- Work as a team leader in drawing resources from engineering design and project management into customer opportunities to ensure the client needs are met and the resulting sale has an achievable profit goal.
- Working within the defined process, provide a superior level of customer satisfaction and experience to ensure you and ABcom have ongoing and repeatable business with the client.
- Increase ABcom client base and geographic spread, capitalizing on our nationwide presence, regardless of physical office locations.
Proven history in successful sales achievement in low voltage and telecommunications (cabling, infrastructure, cameras, wireless, software, broadband, mobility, data centers, etc.). Comfortable and sociable meeting new people, an interest in learning their needs and business, and a desire to succeed.
- Education, credentials, licenses: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent 3 years work experience.
- Specialized knowledge: Strong business and financial acumen, with analytical and numeric ability. Proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Demonstrated ability to successfully network and build a new client base.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience selling voice, data, wireless, and/or infrastructure products and services required. Proven track record in lead generation, account development, negotiating, and solution selling; and closing profitable deals.
- Skills: Above average proposal writing and presentation skills. Excellent in prospecting and gaining appointments and meetings to introduce ABcom to the client. Self- starter with the ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Applicants from out of state will be automatically disqualified. No remote options/positions are available.
Physical and mental requirements:
- Basic office physical environment:
- Ability to sit at a desk for a minimum of 8 hours
- Ability to travel (drive personal vehicle or fly) to the customer site and participate in meetings, presentations, and site surveys
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
Compensation: ABcom offers a competitive compensation package (base salary + commission), including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, and vacation package. Base salary to be determined on experience and education.
If you are an experienced and proven sales professional in the low voltage industry, we are looking for you! Come put your experience to use in a way that will be valued by your clients, and you will be rewarded for your efforts.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Basic computer software
- Contract or price negotiation
- Customer service
- Sales presentations
- Report and proposal writing