The Executive Director of Curriculum will work in close collaboration with Executive Leadership, Senior Leadership, internal and external subject matter experts, and community constituents to design, develop, implement, maintain, and evaluate the Colleges programs. Additionally, the Executive Director of Curriculum will provide andragogical support across all delivery modalities (ground, online, hybrid and blended) for the College’s faculty.
Major Responsibility Areas:
MRA #1. Curriculum Development and Maintenance. Oversee every aspect of development of new curriculum and modification and maintenance of existing curriculum. Make informed recommendations on new programs, as well as changes and adjustments to existing programs using performance data, quality review feedback, and instructor and student feedback as required.
- Conduct needs assessments, market studies and/or viability studies to identify or support program offerings.
- Develops project plans and manages projects related to curriculum development or revision.
- Identify, hire, manage, and work with external subject matter experts where appropriate or collaborate with internal subject matter experts.
- Manage course development process for ground, online and blended courses
- Develop and implement curriculum standards and development process for the College
- Collaborate with Curriculum Committees, Program Advisory Committees, and other stakeholders to facilitate ongoing review, revision, and assessment of program viability and curriculum currency
- Manages repository of syllabi and curriculum materials for all programs to ensure curriculum documentation is complete and accurate
- Develops and implements process(es) to assess student learning and program effectiveness
- Apply instructional design skills, relevant learning theories, and knowledge of learning technologies and environments to the design of high-quality learning experiences across varied delivery modalities
MRA #2. Training. Supports learning and development of College personnel as it relates to the College’s program offerings and delivery of education.
- Develops and conducts product knowledge training for other functional areas such as Admissions, Financial Aid, and Academics.
- Design, develop and facilitate faculty training that supports the delivery of the College’s programs.
- Design, develop and facilitate faculty training in the use of instructional technology tools, to assist faculty with learning about educational technology and online instructional methods.
MRA #3. Compliance and Accreditation. Monitors and evaluates curriculum development and delivery practices in order to assure compliance with institutional and programmatic accreditation standards.
- Interpret institutional and programmatic accreditation standards regrading curriculum and formulate proactive action plans to ensure compliance
- Ensure continued understanding of accreditation obligations through ongoing professional development and training
The following job requirements represent minimum levels of education, experience and competencies/abilities needed to perform this job successfully:
Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, or Instructional Technology required.
Five years of instructional design/curriculum development experience, preferably in a higher education setting. E-learning/distance education experience highly desired.
3. Competencies: Incumbent must (be) able to:
4. Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design
- Analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collect, synthesize, and analyze data; utilize data to inform decision making
- High level of self-direction
- Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer service
- Keep commitments, meet deadlines and achieve demanding results
- Organize and execute around multiple priorities
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Speak effectively to both large and small groups of people
- Demonstrate excellent listening skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team/others in the organization
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports and other data
- Motivate others to act, to include overcoming objections and resistance to change
- Work days and some evenings and Saturdays if/when required
- Attend meetings and training events, which may include additional travel
- Embrace and demonstrate on an ongoing basis the Company’s core values of Continuous Improvement, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Having Fun
This job requires normal physical mobility, including the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Normal hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and lift up to 40 pounds, is also required.
This job requires the ability to read, recall, write and understand information. This job also requires the ability to work under moderate pressure and to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
This job is normally performed in a clean, well-lighted, heated and cooled office area/classroom.
The purpose of this job description is to document the Major Responsibility Areas (MRAs) and key Duties normally required of this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities or duties to be performed by incumbents. Associates are expected to follow all job related instructions and perform any other duties assigned by their supervisor(s).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or age. Employment with the Company does not constitute a contract for any specific period of time and any associate is free to resign at any time, with or without a reason, just as the Company may end an associate’s employment at any time, with or without a reason. The Company will, in compliance with the ADA, accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.