Kraft Heinz, the company
As one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision: To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World . Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you’re passionate like us - and ready to create the future, build on storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen - there’s one thing to do : join us.
Our culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. It all comes down to the way we empower our people to own their work. It’s true: Our employees are our competitive advantage. As part of the Kraft Heinz family you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re recognized and rewarded for outstanding performance at every level. You’re given the opportunity to leave your mark and build legacies. But you won’t do it alone. This is where our values and teamwork thrives and collaborative spirit fuels every day.
- Operational Cost pipeline ownership and point of contact for Cost Engineering team
- Mentor, coach, and influence team of junior level developers in Cost Engineering focused on Operational Cost
- Lead/Drive operational savings projects by working closely with cross-functional team members in production plants and operations teams
- Manage multiple assignments/research projects concurrently and possess the ability to prioritize between a variety of business initiatives
- Translate research findings into meaningful business opportunities and engage cross-functional leaders and teams to drive project execution
- Work across multiple product categories and/or processing/packaging areas with significant technical depth in a key process/product/package technology areas
- Seek and navigate ambiguous data sets to find areas of opportunity and then lead the identification, scoping and development of Cost Engineering opportunities, leveraging all CE resources, across Formula, Process, Package and/or Distribution
BS/MS/PhD in Chemical Engineering, Food, Dairy, Meat, or Animal Science
Minimum 10 years in a Technical Function (which can include all graduate and/or internship work)
Expert understanding of food (can be specific to Meat, Dairy, Coffee, Nuts…) chemistry, analytical testing, formulations and processing used in food manufacturing
Expert understanding of key subject matter in areas such as ingredient functionality, packaging materials, product processing and interrelationship of ingredients, process, and packaging
Excellent, proven communication, influencing, project/platform management and problem solving skills
Strong ability to lead, coach and motivate others
Manage multiple assignments/tasks concurrently with the ability to prioritize work for self and others.
Expert understanding of Design of Experiments, and ability to coach others in this area
Willingness to travel 30%
Glenview R&D Center
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity