Health Screener – PCA
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for screening patients and guests specifically for COVID-19 symptoms, as a means of prevention of spread within the facility.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Safety Screening Supervisor.
- Greets visitors and employees in a polite, prompt, helpful manner.
- Administers medical questionnaires directly to staff, patients, volunteers and visitors.
- Administers and interprets the temperature of individual utilizing infrared and/or oral thermometers according to manufacturer’s instructions and CDC and Comapny guidance for personal protection.
- Reports cases of positive and negative responses according to established protocols while remaining cognizant of appropriate reporting requirements (State, Local and Federal) requirements.
- Communicate findings directly to the Supervisor.
- Put on (Don) and remove (Doff) PPE as required within the protocol for performing medical screening.
- Document findings and results of the Medical Screening.
- Sanitizes working area and lobby.
- Provides exceptional customer service that respects culturally diverse individuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED preferred. Personal Care Assistant (PCA) certification preferred or be willing to obtain PCA certification by attending a company-provided training class and successfully pass PCA competency test.
EXPERIENCE: Prior PCA or healthcare experience preferred.
· Knowledge of how to use office and medical equipment including phone, tablet, thermometers.
· Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Skill in using equipment and handling paperwork / filing adequately.
- Skill in customer service principles by creating a pleasant entry atmosphere.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone and establish / maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians, staff and other customers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment effectively, prioritizing,, coordinating and organizing several tasks at once.
- Remain complaint with company HIPAA, OSHA, Infection control and Corporate Compliance annual training.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking to analyze and solve problems.
ENVIROMENTAL / WORKING CONDITIONS: Office setting/ Outdoor setting, well-ventilated and well lighted.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Requires eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity. Occasional stress related to workload and customers with problems.
- Hearing / Speaking: Effective communication with patients, staff and visitors. Spanish language skills a plus.
- Standing: 50% of the workday
- Sitting: 40% of the workday
- Walking: 9% of the workday
- Lifting: 1% of the workday up to 30 lbs.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 to $12.00 /hour
- Healthcare setting: 1 year (Preferred)
- PCA certified, or willing to attend class and obtain certification (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- 1-3 locations, depending on assignment
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school or college diploma
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $11.00 - $12.00 per hour
- Personal Care Assistance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail