Two years experience as a litigation secretary and/or paralegal is required. Other levels of legal experience will be considered.
No phone calls, please.
- Confident, energetic, punctual, organized, disciplined and hard-working
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Case management skills – ability to see the project as a whole while managing the details
- Ability to act as a liaison between the client, the attorney, opposing counsel and insurance companies.
- Ability to communicate effectively while maintaining professionalism
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responding to discovery requests
- Preparing documents for experts to review
- Calculating deadlines
- Meeting with clients
- Organize and monitor numerous ongoing and one-time activities, events and projects
- Logically solve problems with little supervision
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Applicants must have a wide range of administrative and communication skills as well as practical legal skills.
- Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Initiative and judgment in problem solving
- Ability to work efficiently and handle multiple assignments with fast-paced and short deadlines
- Discretion in handling and communicating sensitive information
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel software
- A positive attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
Job Type: Full-time
- Legal Secretary: 2 years
- Litigation: 2 years