Position: Director of Marketing and Communications
Location: Mt. Bachelor, Bend, Oregon
Job Status: Full Time, Year-Round
POWDR is an adventure lifestyle company that inspires every human being with cool experiences in awesome places. Within POWDR's portfolio are ten mountain resorts including Copper Mountain and Eldora Mountain Resort in Colorado; Killington and Pico Mountain in Vermont; Boreal Mountain Resort and Soda Springs in the Lake Tahoe region of California; Mt. Bachelor in Oregon, Lee Canyon in Nevada, Snowbird in Utah and SilverStar Mountain Resort in British Columbia, Canada.
"Inspire every human being with cool experiences in awesome places". This shared mission of POWDR and Mt. Bachelor creates a fun and inspiring culture that we live every day. Our vision drives us to deliver exceptional guest experiences at all touch points, requiring our employees to be natural communicators, problem solvers, and have a passion for sharing mountain culture - all while having a positive attitude to support best day experiences. Mt. Bachelor strives to deliver Central Oregon's most memorable outdoor adventures to locals and out-of-town visitors on a year-round basis. Mt. Bachelor's 365 days of fun includes 4,323 acres of lift-accessible terrain for skiing and snowboarding, Woodward Mountain Park, a world class Nordic Center, summer and fall Downhill Mountain Bike Park, Sun Country Tours (white water rafting), Sunset Dinners, lift-accessible Sightseeing, and the Northwest's highest zip line.
Mt. Bachelor is located in Bend, Oregon.
Visit www.mtbachelor.com for more information.
This is a senior management position responsible for leading the marketing, communications and experiential teams to drive year-round resort revenue and visitation growth. This position is both internally and externally focused, being the primary advocate for the guest experience and a champion who leads an organizational culture that reflects our brand and achieves Mt Bachelors ambition of "Natural mountain adventure at the heart of Bend Oregon culture". This position is a key interface between Mt Bachelor and POWDR executive and support teams, working together to achieve POWDR's mission to "inspire every human being with cool experiences in awesome places".
Key areas of responsibility include oversight of all internal and external communications, culture, brand and product management, media strategy and execution, events and guest experiences, sponsorship and athlete representation, website and e-commerce. As a key member of the resort leadership team this position carries responsibility for developing the long-term vision and short-term goals and initiatives for the resort through the POWDR Strategic Planning (PSP) process. As the primary communications professional this position carries responsibility for developing an effective communication culture that supports the overall culture and brand of the resort. This position will report directly to the General Manager at Mt. Bachelor.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
The Marketing and Communications Director is responsible for building and leading a team of marketing professionals who will:
- Implement an integrated brand and product marketing plan to achieve top line revenue and visitation goals increasing brand awareness and preference + winning new guests in the winter and summer + enticing loyalty and repeat visitation.
- Work with GM, Finance, IT and POWDR executive team to develop and implement an effective product strategy that meets revenue and visitation goals while delivering successful ROI during pre-sales time periods.
- Lead customer data analysis and marketing channel analysis to manage efficacy and efficiency with all channels relative to return on marketing spend.
- Manage all internal and external resort communications functions: guest relations + media relations + community relations + tourism partner relations.
- Lead product marketing teams to manage and optimize Mt Bachelor and Sun Country Tours websites, e-commerce platforms and social feeds.
- Be responsible for leading the product marketing teams and the brand management teams elevating the perceived image of Mt Bachelor to all stakeholders.
- Ownership of key partner relationships: creative agency + media and public relations agencies + media agency + tourism partners + CRM agency
- Oversight of all events and experiential marketing efforts that animate the resort and drive experience satisfaction.
- Management of athlete/influencer strategy in an equitable way to builds positive sentiment.
- Oversight of the creative expression of every touchpoint in the marketing funnel in terms of positioning + messaging + look/feel.
- Oversight of sponsorship programs in conjunction with POWDR marketing teams
- Monitor key competitors and industry trends to uncover opportunities of leverage for the resort.
- Manage market and customer insight research while actioning against guest research insights.
- Develop and manage all marketing, communications and events budgets.
- Leverage technology, innovation and creativity to achieve objectives and differentiate our brand.
- Implement a test and learn philosophy in the marketing/communication team.
- Build a culture of innovation, growth and continual learning.
- Embody POWDR's Mission: Inspire every human being with cool experiences in awesome places.
- Embody POWDR's Values: Enduring, Responsible, Entrepreneurial, Soulful and Teamwork
Specific Job Skills:
- Hard Skills - Marketing Strategy, Digital Marketing, Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Online Marketing, Marketing Management, Business Strategy and Strategy and ROI analysis.
- Technology Proficiency: PPT or Keynote + Excel + MarTech Platform Experience + Data Analytics + SEO/SEM + Marketing Automation Tools + Digital Asset Management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of market developments.
- Thorough understanding of marketing strategies and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent leadership and talent management skills
- Minimum education required- 4-year college degree, preferably with marketing or communications major.
- Minimum time in related position- 7 years marketing, communication and/or sales experience, with a minimum of 4 years' experience managing staff
POWDR and Mt. Bachelor is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.