Desktop Support Lead
iTalent is seeking a Desktop Support Lead to join our emerging Retail Practice group in San Francisco, CA. This is an exciting role and the individual selected will help our leading retail client reach their strategic initiatives for the remainder of 2018 and beyond.
This person would also interact closely with our iTalent Retail Practice Directors as well as senior leaders in our retail client’s organization.
The Desktop Support Lead is responsible for assisting with tier-2 support incidents and work orders, including those impacting or involving end-users on Windows and Mac environments. The Lead’s primary responsibility is to define and demonstrate best practices, find secure, agile, flexible, and reliable solutions that support the company’s growing Windows and Mac environments. Lead should take initiative to document and train the extended team on these processes.
Additionally, the Lead must be able to manage the complex software requirements often necessary to support the varied roles of the end-user. The Desktop Support Lead will both participate in act as an escalation for many of the following activities:
- Participate on a cross-functional team designing, building and testing solutions to support the desktop Windows and Mac environments.
- Diagnose and resolve unique, nonrecurring problems associated with application software and operating systems; determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority and nature.
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
- Create alternative methods of completing tasks, correcting user errors and system inconsistencies to improve the desktop team function.
- Participate in hardware and software reviews and recommend purchases.
- Maintain inventory of installed software, manage software licensing and create policies and procedures for upgrades.
- Work with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensure that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule.
- Analyze and make recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Document procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions.
- Be able to routinely lift 35 lbs.
- Positon requires 60% walking as the team supports users in multiple buildings on multiple floors.
- Mentor and coach others, no direct reports.
- Minimum of five years related experience required in technical support and customer service.
- Strong Communication Skills and exceptional customer service orientation.
- Strongly skilled in time management
- Ability to prioritize workload and competing activities
- The candidate must exhibit task and time management skills, oral and written communication skills, technical expertise, and a dedication to resolve problems effectively and efficiently while minimizing disruptions.
- Solid knowledge of all current Windows 7 and Mac OS and hardware.
- Experience with enterprise wide OS/application refresh projects.
- Experienced in supporting standard enterprise applications, such as Anti-virus/malware client, Microsoft Office/Outlook, VPN, etc.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, virtual desktop, and thin clients.
- Experience with enterprise drive encryption technologies such as Bitlocker/MBAM.
- Experienced in supporting tablet and mobile devices in an enterprise setting.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse groups in a team environment using logic based troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to demonstrate progressive experience in the field of technical support.
- Experience supporting Microsoft standard desktop applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Exchange, Visio, and Outlook.
- Able to demonstrate experience supporting customer interactions and troubleshooting experience supporting Active Directory and SCCM.
- Telecom experience desired
- Ability to be flexible and adapt / react to dynamic industry and rapid changes in information technology.
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive; requires little supervisory attention.
- Ability to maintain customer focus during difficult circumstances.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift and deploy IT equipment amongst multiple floors/buildings.
About iTalent Digital:
A woman- and minority-owned digital consulting company, we celebrate individuals and diversity, cultivating a culture where our people can excel and lead balanced lives. Recruitment at iTalent is guided by an unwavering principle: Only hire the best. Because we have the best people, we have the privilege of working with the best clients, doing the best work, and effecting transformative change at work and in our communities.
What you get:
You get the chance to work with some of the best brands and high-performance teams out there! iTalent offers our W2 consultants excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401K + matching. We are growing and we want to see you grow!
Job Type: Full-time
- technical support and customer service: 5 years (Required)