• Develop business by consulting with customers to determine needs, and deliver solutions based on the products we offer
• Prepare quotes and/or proposals, negotiate terms and close sales
• Maintain a high level of application and product expertise through regular training
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred or equivalent technical degree and/or experience
• Understanding of factory automation and control systems utilizing PLCs
• Knowledge of electrical product lines, drives, industrial networking, and power distribution systems, and instrumentation
• Strong work ethic and prospecting skills
• Passionate about serving customers and facilitating partnerships
• Effective listening, communication, presentation and negotiation skills necessary to identify customer needs, present solutions and product recommendations and close orders
• Ability to educate customers and provide product demonstrations
• Frequent travel within assigned area, which may include some overnight travel
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Drug screen and pre-employment aptitude tests are required
Top Reasons to Kick Your Career into Gear with IES
• We value our team, their relationships and dedication, and treat everyone like family.
• Your contributions to the customers and industries we serve, and ultimately the impact we all make on our world.
• Work-life balance possible with almost all weekends and holidays off, plus schedule flexibility when appropriate.
• Opportunities for training and personal growth.
Benefits and Compensation
• We offer a very competitive base salary plus commission
• On-going training
• 401K plan
• Group health insurance + life insurance
• Short and long term disability insurance
• Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
• Paid volunteer day to serve non-profit of your choice