Aurora Senior Living of Manokin, LLC has an immediate opening for a Quality Assurance / Staff Development Coordinator.
We are a 135 bed skilled nursing facility located in Princess Anne, MD. As the QA / Staff Development Nurse, you would have the responsibility for the ongoing development and implementation of educational programs for all employees based on staff needs, policy and procedures and evidenced based practice guide lines. You will coordinate the development, implement policies and procedures and evaluate the staff members overall Quality Improvement, Infection Control and Employee Health programs, to identify trends, prioritize and recommend improvements, and ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
Current MD RN License and LTC Experience is required.
- Plans and coordinates orientation program for all facility employees.
- Plans, coordinates and evaluates orientation process for clinical staff including theory, technical skills, clinical experience, and critical thinking skills to facilitate successful performance.
- Plans, coordinates and oversees all educational activities within the nursing home based on an assessment of staff needs: develops an annual schedule for presentation of mandatory in-service programs.
- Develops, facilitates and implements education programs and in-services to enhance the clinical skills of the nursing staff.
- Coordinates and administers technology and clinical competency evaluations to licensed and non-licensed nursing personnel: reviews assessments to identify educational needs of staff.
- Evaluates effectiveness of educational presentations designed to meet the assessed needs for all personnel, including outcomes regarding competencies at quarterly Quality Assurance meetings.
- Proficient use of computer technology with the ability to support the teaching and implementation of the components of an electronic health record.
- Oversees the competency process and assists clinical staff in incorporating technology into their daily work and the overall management of resident care
- Plans, coordinates and implements the Infection Control program by performing surveillance rounds, tracking all infections, investigating and responding to breakouts and reporting monthly to the Director of Nursing; oversees the TB prevention and Vaccines programs for residents and staff.
- Develops and implements problem-solving techniques and procedures to decrease nosocomial infections, improve infection control practices throughout the facility and comply with OSHA regulations
- Monitors and implements employee health programs including TB, Hepatitis and Flu Vaccines, investigation of employee illness, and blood borne pathogen exposure control plan
- Responsible for interdisciplinary collaboration for quality improvement through ongoing support to department heads, committees and quality improvement teams.
- Provides direction and coordination for the development and implementation of the quality improvement plan for the nursing department in concert with the Director of Nursing; directs the program with the goal of ensuring that improvement occurs as a result of quality improvement activities.
- Utilizes analytical, statistical and research skills and interpretive abilities to analyze data and make recommendations for improvements or changes.
Required education: Bachelor's
Required experience: 1 year Long Term Care
Required license or certification: RN License in the State of Maryland
Job Type: Full-time