Plymouth Harbor on Sarasota Bay is expanding! We are a Life Plan Community with a prestigious reputation for excellence located within walking distance to the shops and restaurants of St. Armands Circle and Lido Beach.
What makes us an employer of choice in the region?
- Competitive Pay plus
- Group Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Scholarship Programs
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training and continuing education
- Quarterly Free Lunch Fridays from Local Food Trucks
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
Are you looking for a career, not just another job?
Plymouth Harbor creates a positive atmosphere for all employees to grow, succeed, and maintain a work-life balance in a family environment. The Design Coordinator is responsible for the transition of residents into and within Plymouth Harbor’s independent living areas and coordination of all renovation projects for public areas. The Design Coordinator reports to the VP of Facilities and works closely with Marketing, Maintenance, architects, contractors, and other entities necessary to accomplish successful residents’ transitions.
The usual work hours for this job position are weekdays, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis while working with all current residents, potential residents, family members, vendors, contractors, staff members and others.
- Develop, implement and oversee processes and procedures related to apartment and common area renovations.
- Ensure a seamless transition from the marketing and contract signing phase to the residential transition phase of residency.
- Work directly with new and existing residents in the design and renovation phase of their Plymouth Harbor apartment.
- Make efficient use of Plymouth Harbor’s resources and supplies.
- Make independent decisions that are in the best interest of Plymouth Harbor.
- Follow established safety rules, policies and procedures of Plymouth Harbor.
- Effectively communicate, in writing and verbally, in a manner that supports completion of renovation goals.
- Participate in the preparation of departmental and capital budgets.
- Participate in the Plymouth Harbor, Inc. strategic planning process and accept accountability for plan goals assigned.
- Participate as a member of the Leadership Council to support overall corporate operations and interdepartmental communications and teamwork.
- Work safely, complying at all times with Plymouth Harbor safety standards.
- Discharge properly such other responsibilities and duties as requested by the VP of Facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, construction or a related field.
- Minimum three years’ experience in the design profession, residential remodeling, or related field.
- Experience in residential construction and remodeling projects, or similar, preferred.
- Possess solid financial skills and experience effectively managing resources, or similar.
- Experience in successfully managing the decision-making process with residential clients.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs with emphasis on Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word, with the ability to learn and use proprietary software as required.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
We look forward to meeting you!
Level II background and drug screening is required at date of hire.: