The financial services industry is constantly under attack by sophisticated cyber adversaries that range from nation states to criminals. In response, the Raymond James Cyber Threat Center (CTC) is charged with ensuring all equities are secure against all tiers of adversaries. We are the central hub for Computer Network Operations and are on the front lines of security incident response, threat hunting, and intelligence. You'll be working with emerging technologies to solve challenging security problems in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment, while helping steer the direction and evolution of the team. This highly visible team within the organization evaluates threats to the environment and dynamically adjusts to the ever-changing threat landscape by applying practical security knowledge to developing new detective measures to protect the firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a primary member of the Cyber Threat Center (CTC) who handles security events and incidents on a daily basis in a fast-paced environment.
- Acts as an Incident Handler who can handle minor and major security incidents within the defined Computer Security Incident Response process.
- Role embodies Cyber Network Defense and a successful Cyber Threat Analyst will be able to quickly analyze threats, understand risk, deploy effective countermeasures, make business critical incident response decisions, and work as part of a team of individuals dedicated to protecting the firm.
- Maintains situational awareness for cyber threats across the global firm and take action where necessary.
- Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
o Countermeasure deployment across various technologies.
o Malware and exploit analysis.
o Intrusion monitoring and response.
o Assessing alerts and notifications of event activity from intrusion detection systems and responding accordingly to the threat.
o Continuing content development of threat detection and prevention systems.
o Data analysis and threat research.
- Maintains knowledge of security principles and best practices. Must remain current with emerging threats and trends.
- Assists teams in various security and privacy risk mitigation efforts; including incident response.
- Leads or participates in information security related projects or in managing strategy.
- Conduct forensic investigations for HR, Legal, or incident response related activities.
- Develop new forensic detective and investigative capabilities using current technical solutions.
- Work with various business units and technical disciplines in a security consultant role for cyber threats.
- Shares in a weekly on-call rotation and acts as an escalation point for managed security services and associates of Raymond James.
Experience and Skills:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or related degree and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience in Information Security or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience should include a minimum of two (2) years in conducting Cyber Network Defense and a minimum of three (3) years of experience with incident response methodologies, malware analysis, penetration testing, scripting and/or forensics.
- Systems administrator experience in Linux, Unix, Windows or OSX operating systems.
- Knowledge of networking and the common network protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to create complex scripts, develop tools, or automate processes in PowerShell, Python or Bash.
- One or more of the following certifications or the ability to obtain within 1 year:
Certified Information Systems Security Professional
Cisco Certified Network Associate
GCIH – Incident Handler
GCIA – Intrusion Analyst
- Knowledge of the following highly preferred:
- Knowledge of vulnerabilities and a comfort in manipulating exploit code for analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to perform static and dynamic malware analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets and identify anomalies.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly create and deploy countermeasures under pressure.
- Familiarity with common infrastructure systems that can be used as enforcement points.
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that are consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill, or knowledge, in position-related areas; remain current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients, and their needs, a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.