Raytheon Technologies offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
As a Plan Production Control Specialist you're responsible for loading Bill of Materials and Material Masters to meet production schedules and customer needs. You'll evaluate and coordinate program requirements to ensure manufacturing data is in alignment with both our TDP (source of record) and MRP systems, and you'll ensure a controlled flow of materials for both manufacturing and procurement which meets customer requirements.
In this highly collaborative, high volume role, you'll work with all functional areas, including Master Scheduling, Material Master, Production Control, Material Program Management, Operations, Configuration Management, Engineering, and other business units.
- Collaborating with Contracts, Program, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Supply Chain Management to establish and maintain the Manufacturing Bill of Material (MBOM), including modifications to the Design Engineering BOM structure for Ease of Manufacturing purposes.
- Maintaining and monitoring Part Master data and Product Structure in MRP systems, until the establishment of the Material Master exists.
- Incorporating changes to the MBOM as specified within approved Engineering Change documents.
- Participating in Configuration Change Board activity to assist in the determination of change incorporation effective break-in.
- Partnering with the MPS (Master Production Scheduling) team to manage effective date to minimize inventory position and reduce residual inventory.
- Define and communicate actions required by other organizations to complete the implementation of these Engineering Changes into work-in-process material and/or purchase material.
- Manage and analyze MBOM to ensure compliance with Material Management Accounting System (MMAS) standards.
- Assure consistent, accurate application of standards to MBOM data, and unique data coding standards required to support various special processes, such as Government Furnished Equipment.
- Identify risk and opportunity relative to CCB (Configuration Control Board) activity and eWAR (Work Authorization Request) direction.
- Have a deep understanding of Material Master, BOM and Production Planning Process integration, to include knowledge of MRP demand, material availability, and scheduling.
- Daily activity requires excellent analytic skills, in order to analyze all planning functions, load to MRP appropriately, identify improvement opportunities, and lead a continuous improvement project. Review and transactional processing of material master and bill of material requests to ensure appropriateness and quality.
- Problem solving with requestors to resolve differences/conflicts between the requestor needs and existing records or company policies.
A strong understanding of the end to end supply chain in support of meeting customer needs. Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, industry practices, and standards related to production planning through MRP/ERP system.
This position can be a Salary Grade G07 or a Salary Grade G08 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
2+ years experience in Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and/or Supply Chain environment
Experience with Material Requirements Planning (MRP)/SAP
Experience working with technical/engineering documents - Engineering Data Management Tool
Master Data execution in an ERP environment - preferable SAP• APICS CSCP or equivalent required• Customer focused and able to prioritize effectively
Excellent written and oral communication skills - the ability to work collaboratively with your team and all functional areas
Self-motivated and able research issues, discuss and support development of potential solutions, and/or to provide an easy to understand rational supporting the position.
Experience using Rapid Response/Kinaxis or related reporting tool
Analytics - the ability to review requests, determine accuracy and completeness of data (attention to detail)
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
Required Education (including Major):
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 160508