Palolo Chinese Home (PCH) is looking for a Per Diem RN MDS Coordinator Independent Contractor! We offer flexible schedules, we will work around you!
The MDS Coordinator has a primary purpose of the completion of the assigned residents’ Minimum Data Set (MDS) assessments. In addition, the MDS Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of care for their assigned residents. This position coordinates the delivery of individualized and person-centered quality of care to residents; in concert with the needs of (PCH). This is accomplished through continuous review, assessments, and evaluation of each resident’s needs, development and updating of each resident’s care plan, and clear communication to staff at the point of care.
PCH is one of the oldest Asian originated care home in the US. We are a non-profit charitable organization continuing to evolve to meet the changing community needs. PCH provides progressive care for all elderly of Hawaii, building its future on a century long foundation of community support.
Education/Training: Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university and must have a Hawaii State RN license, First Aid and CPR certification.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize the day-to-day requirements of the facility;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required;
- Previous experience in medical setting and familiarity with long term care and social service procedures.
- Possess leadership and management skills, techniques, and abilities. Possess a positive attitude;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office product suite, and experienced with electronic medical records;
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities;
- Must be able to read and write English to facilitate proper communication with others
Experience: 1 year of experience, as a licensed nurse, in a Long-Term Care/Post-Acute Rehab setting. Prior experience with Minimum Data Set preferred. Strong knowledge base and understanding of Long-Term Care concepts, philosophies of care, industry standards, and industry regulations is strongly preferred. Previous supervisory experience preferred. RAC-CT credentialing preferred.
Supervisor: Director of Nursing
- Ensures the timely completion, accuracy and transmission of all areas/components of the MDS Assessment. This includes physician certifications, interdisciplinary orders, ICD-10 coding and all supporting documentations.
- Ensures that the resident interdisciplinary care plans are individualized and updated on admission and as the condition of the resident changes.
- All high-risk residents will be monitored on a daily basis to identify any change in level of care, significant change or change of condition and coordinate the completion of the necessary MDS. Daily review of all residents will be done through report, stand-up meetings, and review of MD Orders, DC Meetings, Utilization Review Meetings, and Care Plan meetings.
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary resident care conferences on admission, quarterly, significant changes of condition, and annually with the interdisciplinary team, resident, and family members.
- Accountable and responsible to ensure that the monthly triple checks for billing on the UB 94 is completed and that all documentation is complete and accurate. This includes all the “alert charting” required by nursing.
- Keeps current with all changes to MDS requirements and communicates changes to Director of Nursing
- Tracks and completes the 1147s on a timely basis.
- Prints and analyzes the Casper, 672 and 802 reports. Takes action to improve the quality of care and reimbursement.
- Assess, care plan, and supervise the care of the restorative nursing assistant
- Performs daily audits for resident ADLs and required skilled documentation.
Work area: well-lighted, air-conditioned units, dining room, etc.
Equipment: Ability to utilize standard office equipment such as, but not limited to, computer, fax machine, telephone, etc.
Work Hours: This position is an exempt position. Work schedule is generally Monday - Friday. May be subject to weekend rotation. Will be subject to take call. May be asked to work other than above shifts as resident care and staff training requires
Mental Demands: Requires providing professional level of services. Also requires a sincere dire to work with the aged and those with limited capacity for self-care. Subject to frequent interruptions. Exposed to infections, odors and peculiarities in the behavior of aged residents.
Physical Demands: Requires intermittent walking, standing and sitting during the work day. Requires pushing and pulling beds, wheelchairs, recliner more than approximately 200 pounds with assistance. Requires lifting, carrying, repositioning and transferring residents who may weigh in excess of 200 pounds with an Arjo-Century lift
Communication Demands: requires communicating with all levels of staff, residents and visitors during the shift. Requires proper documentation of care given.
All final candidates must also pass a drug test & physical exam.
Qualified candidates, please submit your resumes via indeed, FAX to 564-5236 OR apply in person at:
Palolo Chinese Home
2459 10th Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816
Office Hours: Monday -- Fridays, 8am -- 3:30pm
Job Type: Contract
Full Time Opportunity: