ABOUT THE SMOKIES:
The Tennessee Smokies are the Southern League Double-A Affiliate of the Chicago Cubs. The Smokies play at beautiful Smokies Stadium located about 20 minutes outside of Knoxville. The Smokies have broken franchise attendance records in two out of the last three seasons. Over the past three seasons the Smokies have invested just over $3 million in stadium renovations and front office amenities.
The Tennessee Smokies, the AA Affiliate of the Chicago Cubs, have an opening for an Account Executive in the Ticket Sales Department. This position will report directly to the Group Sales Manager and will be on a sales team that has the responsibility of selling season tickets, mini plans, group tickets, picnics, suites and other ticket packages. You will receive training in sales methods that are proven to be successful in this industry and inherit a large base of renewable accounts which you are responsible for renewing, upgrading and generating new leads from. You will also be responsible for bringing in new revenue through lead generation, cold calling, networking and referrals. Position has a base salary plus a generous commission and bonus structure and includes paid vacation and health benefits after a brief introductory period.
- Ablity to learn and want to be the best at what you do
- Minimum of a college degree, sales experience preferred
- Ability to sell over the phone and in person
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment as well as strong independent work ethic
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of PC computers
- Knowledge of MS Office, and a ticketing system is a plus
- Must possess an eagerness to learn new skills and techniques
- Self driven with a positive attitude and able to handle multiple tasks, willingness to work long hours
Please Submit Resume and Cover Letter to Andrew O'Gara with the Tennessee Smokies at email@example.com