The Decision Sciences and Transformation (DSaT) department is seeking a highly motivated technical supervisor to join the Data Ingestion and Consumption Team. This team will focus on building new data pipelines into GEICO's big data platform and making this data accessible for needs across the company through Atomic Models. You will have the opportunity to work with high performing teams and manage critical projects. Ready to make a difference? Here's what you need:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an IT leadership position OR experience with managing critical projects
- Experience with Agile Scrum or Kanban and ability to manage project outcomes with Agile
- Significant experience supporting production applications and operationalizing mission critical applications
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experienced in developing associates by providing coaching, feedback and mentoring
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously, manage change and work in a fast-paced environment
- Passion to innovate and provide solutions for challenges encountered
- BA/BS in Information Technology, a related field (business, finance, mathematics, computer science), or equivalent work experience
Candidate will actively participate in performance evaluations and goal setting for their staff and the coaching and mentoring of team members.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
401(k) and profit-sharing plans
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
Associate assistance program
Flexible spending accounts
Business casual dress
Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
Associate clubs and sports teams
GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.