We are NYC based, but remote friendly unless specified.
Hello, World! Codecademy is on a mission to build inspiring careers in technology through engaging, accessible, and interactive online coding education.
Our learners have gone on to start new jobs, launch new companies, and lead new lives thanks to their work with Codecademy, and our platform has transformed the way businesses develop and retain their teams.
Since 2011, our team has grown to over 200 employees serving 50+ million learners from 190+ countries. We've raised over $82M in venture capital funding from top investors including Prosus, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more-which gives us the capital to get stuff done in an impactful way.
Join us to help build a business that empowers tens of millions of people to lead better lives!
As the sole UX Writer on the Codecademy team you will play a pivotal role in elevating our existing content design practices within the product across both Consumer and Enterprise experiences. Through close collaboration with cross-functional teams you will develop communication standards and processes crucial in the next wave of innovation in our suite of products. You will take the lead on the content writing for our most impactful efforts while also working with others to drive best practices and enable effective communication and writing throughout our learning journey. We are looking for someone who can balance attention to detail, velocity, and creative methods to shape the future of learning for millions of people, helping to create tangible economic return for our learners.
This role reports to our Senior Product Design Manager, Enterprise & Platform.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead content design for the product teams across both Codecademy Consumer and Enterprise experiences. Become an expert of our products and our customers
- Develop a writing workflow alongside our established design process for effective management of our UX Writing needs
- Set reusable copy patterns to accompany our design system, Gamut, to be used modularly in the design of our product
- Advocate for evidence-driven solutions for use of language in our product
- Test, evaluate, and improve our content. Use data and research methods like A/B testing and usability testing to validate assumptions.
- Build collaborative, trusting relationships. Champion good content design while bringing together product managers, designers, engineers, curriculum and marketers around shared priorities.
- Maintain and educate the team on UX Writing best practices at Codecademy
- Lead workshops, present in design critiques, and contribute to the UX team's practice to evolve our standards, guidelines and methods for content design.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 4+ years of experience creating UX content for software as a service (SaaS) products
- A portfolio that demonstrates rigorous use of a style guide and contributions to the improvement of that guide
- Experience on or working closely with a product team, partnering with product designers and managers on feature development.
- Experience complying with and contributing to brand voice and tone standards
- Demonstrated history of contributing to testing and measuring copy to ensure efficacy across user journeys
- Outstanding project management ability, with a high degree of ownership and accountability.
- Well-developed ability to nurture stakeholder relationships and support fast-moving teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of accessibility and inclusion in your content
- Working knowledge of design methods and tools, including Figma
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Familiarity with subscription and/or ed tech products
- Previous experience in Content Strategy or Information Architecture-related functions
- Passion for learning to code and self-taught skills
- Insight into both localization and designing for global audiences.
Target base salary range for this job requisition is anticipated to be $104,727 to $157,091 annualized.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.