- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Web Design
- Driver's License
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
Job Title: Communications Coordinator/Executive Assistant
The mission of the Tennessee Center for Patient Safety (TCPS), a department of the Tennessee Hospital Association, is to advance Tennessee hospitals’ adoption of proven strategies that enhance the reliability, safety and quality of care received by patients. The TCPS provides extensive education, resources and direct support to hospitals to accomplish the mission of better outcomes for patients.
The Communications Coordinator/Executive Assistant is responsible for a wide range of duties to support the mission of the Tennessee Center for Patient Safety (TCPS) and communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders. Working under direction, the coordinator distributes communications materials for TCPS and its programs, including marketing materials and social media postings. The Communications Coordinator sends out the weekly electronic newsletter and maintains the department’s websites. The coordinator works closely with other THA departments to align efforts with THA’s overall strategy and branding as well as event coordination. This position is responsible for the logistics and coordination of department meetings and events. The Communications Coordinator provides administrative assistance to the Sr. VP for Clinical Services, the VP for Operations, and other TCPS staff (as needed). Such support entails meeting planning, calendar management, running webinars, and record maintenance.
Essential Functions of the Job:
1. The ability to adapt to a changing work environment and meet challenges presented throughout the day.
2. Formats, revises and distributes the weekly TCPS electronic newsletter.
3. Maintains the various TCPS websites.
4. Provides administrative assistance to the Sr. VP for Clinical Services and the VP for Operations.
5. Responsible for assisting with the creation and distribution of marketing materials/social media postings for TCPS programs, campaigns, events.
6. Corresponds regularly with THA members by phone and email.
7. Maintains the TCPS calendar, scheduling events/rooms and avoiding conflicts within the department, THA, and partner organization events.
8. Prepares and distributes electronic letters and memos to targeted audiences.
9. Manages logistics for meetings and education events including marketing memos, registration, room reservations, catering and administrative tasks.
10. Maintains various records, including attendee lists, expense reimbursements, and the like.
11. Pulls information from THA contacts database and provides info for updating the database.
12. Schedules appointments, meetings, and room reservations.
13. Assists other TCPS staff with various administrative functions.
14. Takes photos and videos of TCPS events for publications and social media.
15. Assists with TCPS sections of THA reports and publications.
16. Sets up and runs webinars.
17. Prepares purchase orders, expense forms, and check requests.
18. Builds and administers surveys in Survey Monkey.
19. Must be available in the office during regular office hours, unless job responsibilities require otherwise.
20. Must be available for out of town travel approximately 4 percent of the time, including overnight, be able to drive an automobile and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Marginal Job Functions
1. Fills in at the company switchboard when needed.
2. Assigned responsibilities at THA Annual Meeting.
Organizational Structure: (Positions reporting directly to you, if any, and their areas of responsibility)
Educational and Experience Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience in communications/social media preferred.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Strong interpersonal skills.
2. Excellent written communications skills, including grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading, etc.
3. Strong computer skills and familiarity with website design.
4. Experience with social media marketing.
5. Ability to organize, prioritize and have excellent follow through.
6. Excellent organization skills and the ability to carry out multiple projects concurrently.
7. Must be highly skilled and experienced in Microsoft Office computer programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Tennessee Hospital Association (THA) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race; color; creed; religion; sex; age; national origin; citizenship status; ancestry; pregnancy; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic information; or past, present or future membership in a U. S. Uniformed Service. In addition, THA does not discriminate against qualified individuals with physical, visual or mental disabilities. Also, THA does not discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, however, an exception exists where the employee or applicant makes the disclosure based on information obtained in the course of performing their essential job functions.