Who is Bode?
Bode is a new form of lodging that empowers self-guided travelers to connect with each other and their destinations in ways that go far beyond traditional hotel stays. We’re creating a network of keenly designed, flexible, residence-like dwellings in sought-after destinations, anchored by social hubs with intuitively fortifying services that enable the shared local experiences travelers have always imagined.
Is Bode for you?
If diverse responsibilities excite you, and you take pride in going above and beyond, we might just be the perfect fit. We are looking for someone who thrives in a challenging, proactive work environment and is ready to jump into all facets of the Bode guest experience, to ensure it’s always engaging and truly distinct.
The Engineer at Bode Nashville is responsible for the overall upkeep of the facilities and will respond to maintenance-related guest requests. This hand-picked individual will deliver top-quality service to guests and ensure the safety, and repairs of the entire property are well-maintained including guest units, public spaces, and heart of the house.
- Ensuring guest units, public spaces, and heart of the house are well-maintained and safe for guest and host use
- Providing exceptional service to Bode guests and act as an ambassador of the brand
- Utilizing Bode software systems to track daily work orders, maintenance supply inventory, and report damages
- Informing the Manager of FF&E and OSE ordering needs
- Troubleshooting appliances, WiFi, TVs, and Bode smart home technology
- Conducting property inspections and assesses the operation and maintenance of all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems
- Coordinating with Bode preferred vendors and oversee the completion of special projects
- Making appropriate assessments and communicating when certified professionals are needed
- Ensuring property inspections have been completed and assessing the operation and maintenance of all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems
- Establishing and monitoring relationships with vendors to ensure quality, delivery, warranties, upgrades, etc. are consistently utilized
- Utilizing daily checklists to monitor brand standards and maximum operation efficiencies
- Responsible for carrying out routine preventative maintenance tasks as scheduled
- Participate in cross-training and assist other departments as necessary
- Promoting teamwork by collaborating with other departments to handle guest challenges
Providing a unique guest experience in every facet of their stay, from the moment they arrive on the property, to the moment they depart.
Qualities and Skills:
- Self-motivated and shows initiative
- Takes a hands-on approach and works well in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive problem-solver and quick to take action while multitasking
- Passionate and knowledgeable of local community offerings
- Quick learner and detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
- Team player mentality and eagerness to build meaningful connections with guests
- Must be able to lift/push/pull/carry a minimum of 50 Ibs
- Able to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time
Education and Experience:
- Experience: ideal candidate possesses a minimum of 2 years of maintenance/engineering experience in a hotel or comparable environment
- Strong technical skills in HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, carpentry, and electrical systems
- Certifications: Must be current in all required certifications
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Competitive starting salary
- Participation in our 401k program
- Career-path planning + ongoing training and professional development that takes you to another level
- Great medical, dental, and life insurance benefits
- Generous paid time off, including paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Discounted Bode stays!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Are you able to work weekends?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Handyman experience: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place