At Safran Electrical & Power, our vision is smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. In the role of Technician, you will provide technical support to help resolve production problems related to manufacturing processes, tooling and equipment. The Manufacturing Engineering Technician will collaborate with a Value Stream and the associated High Performance Work Team to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery, and reduce Cost and Inventory.
- Assures policies, procedures and other documentation are followed to ensure consistent and compliant manufactured product.
- Expected to split time between building and/or testing production product and providing engineering support within their respective area.
- Will be responsible for understanding and being able to perform machine set-up and change over as well as TPM activities.
- Acts as a business partner by initiating and continuously managing improvements to manufacturing processes.
- Drives 5S culture by improving and maintaining the cleanliness, safety and organization of the work area.
- Evaluates drawings, specifications and other data to determine requirements for process improvements, requirements and capital equipment purchases.
- Evaluates aged order requests from customers to manufacture legacy product.
- Advises, directs, and trains production personnel in manufacturing techniques and methods.
- Provides assistance in processing and closing deviations and NCMs.
- Assists in identifying and resolving production problems as it relates to manufacturing processes, tooling, and equipment.
- Reviews and updates processes and manufacturing documentation.
- Writes rework orders that do not involve any special processes to accomplish.
- Assists supervisors in resolving production and testing problems. Maintains various production and test equipment.
- Assists in development of production and testing procedures.
- Constructs production and tests equipment.
- Evaluates test analysis from customer returns for rework and disposition of warranty returns.
- Provides cost estimates to customer service and coordinates the resources to get the customer return repaired.
- Test Setup & Conducting Tests: includes the capability to understand the intent of test requests and test procedures submitted by the customer. The ability to ask the right questions of the customer and resolves any conflicts with the request and the capability of the lab. To be able to provide test setup expertise to the customer which will meet the intent of the test request / procedure / specification submitted by the customer.
- Documenting Test Results: the ability to prepare an effective report which documents the test setup, the running of the test, any changes or conflicts with the information provided by the customer, the data required to demonstrate DUT performance, and any summary / conclusions / notes of substance which could have an impact when analyzing the results of the test.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates degree from an accredited institution or in lieu 3 years of experience in manufacturing setting.
- Ability to read/understand prints, routings, bill of materials and process sheets. - Advanced
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and tool sets as they relate to production processes and improvements. - Advanced
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes. - Advanced
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills or other data processing program to analyze, trend and drive actions based on data. - Advanced
- Understanding of diverse manufacturing processes such as molding, machining, welding and assembly.
- Strong project manager with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to make intuitive leaps in applying technologies that present opportunities.
- Highly versatile, able to shift gears easily from problem solving manufacturing processes to transactional process.
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE:
- Team oriented
- Process focused
- Open & honest communication
- Quality minded
- Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- Recognizes success
- Executes with urgency
- Customer focused in everything we do
Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Lesly.firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
- Troubleshooting: the use of knowledge, tools, and analysis skills to solve problems in the areas of electronics, electromechanical products, test setups, and test equipment. Applicant will have the ability to troubleshoot moderately complex circuits to the component level. Applicant will be able to read electrical schematics and have the ability to extract required information for test and troubleshooting. Applicant will be able to read and understand mechanical drawings for test and fixtures.
- Selection and Use of Test Equipment: the ability to select and use appropriate test measurement equipment, data acquisition devices, computer hardware and software, and lab power equipment
- Analytical Problem Solving: the ability to develop logical and analytical approaches to solving problems encountered in test activities.
- Computer Applications: the ability to use appropriate computer applications to facilitate testing, documentation, and project management methods. Applicant will be able to use Microsoft Office as required.
- Product Knowledge: the capacity to possess an understanding of the breadth of product produced within the Sarasota plant. Possess knowledge with respect to product applications, construction, industry specifications, performance specifications, and design of products.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world leaders in aerospace electrical systems, No. 1 for wiring and No. 2 for electrical systems. As a pivotal player in the 'more electric' aircraft, the company boasts more than 13,000 employees dotted across 12 countries.