Keysight is the world's leading electronic measurement company, helping scientists and engineers address their toughest technical challenges with confidence through innovations in wireless, modular, and software solutions. Our employees leverage their insight and passion to deliver measurement solutions in wireless communications, aerospace and defense, and semiconductor markets with world-class platforms, software and consistent measurement science.
This job will be part of the Worldwide Sales / Field Operations Group, which is responsible for building and maintaining customer relationships to sustain Keysight's leadership in the market. Engineers and scientists in more than 14,000 companies use Keysight offerings to research, design, develop, manufacture, install, and maintain electronic components, devices, subsystems and systems. And all of them interface with Keysight's global network of direct sales, support, and indirect channel partners.
Keysight is looking for an experienced Wireless/RF/Microwave Application Engineer that will work closely with Keysight’s Field Sales team and customers. Application Engineers deliver technical instrument and measurement expertise for a solution implementation based on Keysight products and services. They’re focused on various phases of the sales process including requirements analysis, feature-by-feature demonstrations, benchmarks, competitive positioning, and implementation/execution, generally allocated by project and engineering services. Additionally, this position provides opportunities to present technical seminars, training classes, consulting, demonstrations, etc. that convey the Application Engineer’s wireless/RF/MW technology/measurement expertise along with insights from Keysight products. Ability to technically create value to Keysight customer in helping customer product time to market with preference to Keysight products, solutions and services as well as developing strong customer relationships and ensuring customer satisfaction are key aspects to this position.
The Wireless/RF/Microwave Application Engineer position has responsibilities for:
MOST CRITICAL – Physical/RF layer measurements using test and measurement equipment (one-box testers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, vector signal analyzers, network analyzers, etc., as they apply to wireless technologies)
Strong Knowledge of wireless communication standards including 5G, LTE, WCDMA, 802.11, Bluetooth and GPS, with experience in mm-wave. (Understand 3GPP and IEEE Measurements)
Versatile in Wireless protocol, connectivity, systems and communications test.
Leading Keysight’s customer engagements from a technical perspective (owning solution development, demonstration, proposal and delivery).
Versatile Software skills in programming languages such as .NET (C#, C++ or VB), C, Matlab, Python, PERL, Labview for use in Keysight Insturment Solutions.
Teaming with account managers, product divisions, and other disciplines to develop and win complex opportunities.
Mapping Keysight solutions and/or creating new software solutions to improve customer workflow leading to solution and services sales.
Developing and building long-term relationships and loyalty with customers through value creation.
Contribute toward achieving Sales Metrics, thru a demand for Keysight Products and Services.
This position is compensated by a 90% salary and 10% commission. It yields 100% target pay achievement at 100% of targeted sales with higher commission rates once the sales target is exceeded. Compensation are subject to change based on business needs.
This position requires at least 5 years of technical experience using Test and Measurement Equipment with an emphasis on winning competitive and technical sales through exceptional wireless Solutions knowledge and development, salesmanship and time management.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education with emphasis in wireless communication systems.
- Expertise in Physical Layer Test using Electronic Test Equipment
- Strong understanding of RF/Microwave and wireless test and measurement applications and Equipment.
- Strong knowledge in 5G, LTE, WCDMA, 802.11 standards, Bluetooth and GPS and mmWave.
- Passion for continuous learning in wireless technologies.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with customers and internal teammates.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Effective presentation and problem solving skills.
- This is a field job and candidate must be able to drive company provided vehicle and physically fit to be able to transport test equipment to/from customer site.
- Knowledge in programming/scripting languages including C, C++, C#, Python, Perl, Matlab and Labview for use in measurement instruments automation.
Additional characteristics of candidates we are seeking for this position include:
- Independent professional that works best under broad and general directions.
- Highly competitive, assertive with a passion to "win" and “teach”.
- Ability to create a vision and convey the message in a persuasive manner.
- Comfortable in challenging customers by offering the customer unique perspectives.
- Sociable, people oriented, outgoing, desires quality customer interactions, and wants to earn recognition.
Support / Service
Careers Privacy Statement
***Keysight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.***
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
Candidates can be considered to work from the following locations:
United States : Illinois : Arlington Heights || Americas : United States : Illinois : Schaumburg
Job ID :