Amazon seeks a Sr. Financial Analyst to play a key role on the Kindle Content finance team. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative businesses at Amazon. This role supports a rapidly expanding global product with a growing Finance team. Our vision for Kindle Content is to have every book, ever written, in any language, all available in under 60 seconds anywhere in the world.
The job responsibilities include working closely with business teams to support weekly and monthly reviews as well as work on high visibility projects. To do this, the successful candidate will have to gain understanding of the business and key processes in Kindle Content and interact with teams to analyze business trends and explain changes. Additionally, there will be opportunities to participate in special projects and adhoc support in order to provide actionable insights to the business team.
This role requires a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and skills in business intelligence coupled with business acumen. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- BA/BS degree in in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other technical disciplines and 5+ years of relevant finance experience OR master's degree and 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Advanced skills with Excel and SQL
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Comfortable with analyzing large volumes of complex data and presenting findings to senior management
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Familiarity with financial reporting software (Cognos/Oracle/Essbase)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.