- Provides accurate, safe, and cost effective drug distribution and specialized clinical services through supervised efforts of supportive staff to patients of the speciality area. Upon successful completion, incumbents will transition from a generalist to a specialized practitioner focused on the care of patients in their specialty.
1. Provides clinical and distributive pharmacy services as a pharmacist consistent with departmental policy and procedure for applicable specialty service area(s).
2. Participates in educational activities such as pharmacy student case conferences, physician journal club, staff development, and other inter-disciplinary programs. Functions as a pharmacy representative on various inter-disciplinary committees.
3. Develops the ability and confidence to independently practice in all clinical settings in specialty practice by providing quality patient care, directly interacting with physicians, nurses and other healthcare workers.
4. Develops and completes residency research project, presenting research at ASHP Mid-year Clinical Meeting, Florida Residency Conference, and Specialty conferences. Practices personal and professional responsibility and communication skills to patients, other healthcare practitioners, and others.
5. Acts as a preceptor in training pharmacy students and PGY-1 residents completing clinical clerkships. Works in concert with the Residency Site Coordinator to enhance the residency experience for future residents.
6. Meets with preceptor as needed to evaluate progress of goals, rotation expectations, and performance evaluations.
Complexity of Work:
Ability to handle complex clinical demands and ability to influence, providing prescribing habits based on clinical evidence and good practices. Ability to work effectively on multi-disciplinary teams. This role requires critical thinking skills, effective communication, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimum supervision. The incumbent must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action when required.
Requires completion of an advanced degree in pharmacy (PharmD) from an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited pharmacy school. Must have completed an accredited post graduate year one (PGY1) pharmacy residency program and/or equivalent fellowship or training program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration:
Must have received a Pharm.D. degree from an American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE) accredited pharmacy school. Must also have, or will soon have, a license to practice pharmacy in Florida within 90 days of starting residency program.
Required Work Experience:
Continuing education is required to maintain pharmacist licensure.
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- The Family Birthplace
- Women’s Services
- Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.