Solders together components of metal products on the Randolph production line by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Dips work pieces into chemical solution or brushes or powders flux along joints to remove impurities.
- Examines and tests soldered components
- Places workpieces into fixtures or manually holds them together at designated point.
- Positions solder wire or bar of solder to joint until solder melts and seeps into joint.
- Removes workpiece when color indicates that solder has cooled and bonded workpieces together.
- Performs other tasks as required, including, but not limited to operating manual machinery.
- Adheres to standard operating procedures.
- Observes safety procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Education and/or Experience To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous soldering experience preferred
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out multiple step instructions.
Physical Demands & Work Environment The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Core Values To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following core values at all times.
- Team Work - Demonstrate Team behavior and support collaboration by working well with diverse personality types
- Quality- Demonstrate quality service to customers and vendors
- Continuous Improvement- Constantly looking for opportunities to improve the work processes and yourself as an individual
- Accountability-Take ownership for decisions, demonstrate willingness to share thoughts and ideas through collaboration with team members to achieve results
- Passion- Demonstrate the willingness to go beyond what's expected to help Randolph succeed. Treat people with mutual respect and dignity.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently.
Randolph is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.