- Lead the weekly base PDT meeting with GM (or FCA) DREs to support all technical facets and core milestones of GM (or FCA) Program expectations in a timely manner (Create & Maintain OIL)
- Facilitator for technical discussions between GM (or FCA) DREs and LSAT project cross functional team members, located Korea, China, Mexico, US
- Facilitate and support collaborative quality issue notice/resolution with LSAT team members
- Provide technical development support to the customer, including requirements definition, component development, homologation, verification and validation, launch and issue resolution and reporting.
- Provide technical feedback to the LSAT engineering team for customer issues and requirements. Arrange/coordinate critical meetings if required to aid in issue resolution and/or obtain approvals.
- Support CN to lead to win the carry over design projects and design change implementation
- Support the customer warranty return process with first level analysis, and feedback to both the DRE and the LSAT technical team on root cause and corrective action.
- Collaborate with account management teams to develop opportunities
- Develop and manage positive relationships with customers-both OEM and TIer, marketing, engineering, team members, and others as required.
- Support all customer meetings, including design reviews, and provide feedback to the OEM release engineer and LSAT team via written meeting minutes.
- Identify quality issues and drive corrective/preventive action with plant quality engineers.
- Participate in customer visit or onsite quality review discussion as needed.
- Act as resident expert of customer web portals and scorecard performance metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5+ years relevant engineering (mechanical or electrical) experience at an OEM or Tier supplier
- Prior experience with GM(or FCA)’s engineering systems (ie EBSC, PRAS, Change Management, 3CPR, Minority, etc.) and mile stones
- 3D modeling program (NX, Catia)
- Prior work experience with GM (or FCA) in an engineering role (ie Resident Engineer or Design Release Engineer)
- Prior work experience with interior parts development in an engineering role
- Experience with a major OEM within the automotive/transportation industry
- Six Sigma(Green or Black Belt)/D&PFMEA/DVP&R/ PPAP/ PSO / APQP/ GIMS/8D/CP
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team player and leader.
- Detailed in problem solving and analysis.
- Comprehensive knowledge to have engineering discussion for both mechanical and electrical issues of automotive switches (ie power winder switch, Instrument panel switch)
- 100% company paid BCBSM Medical Insurance ( Physical, Vision, Dental)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401 K Company match up to 5%
- 15 Paid Holidays Off
- 15 Paid Time Off
Job Type: Full-time
- Resident Engineer: 1 year