Business Support Analyst
Business Support Analysts ensure Guardian makes sound financial decisions. The Senior Business Support Analyst is responsible for working with business leaders to create and execute financial plans ($60M+) that support the success of the business.
Business Support Analysts provide business leaders with an understanding of the key drivers of their business’ productivity and expenses, challenging them to improve the way they operate, build better operational plans, and follow through on their financial promises.
- Understands the operations of the business.
- Provides financial guidance that drives better business decisions.
- Focuses on the details while finding creative ways to tackle big picture challenges.
- Analyzes business operations, trends, initiatives, to support a rolling 18-month expense forecast.
- Prepares, documents and presents annual expense plans to multiple levels of leadership in the organization.
- Builds models to effectively articulate productivity to expense ratios for supported businesses.
- Tracks expenses and headcount vs plan, analyzes and communicate variances and impacts.
- Provides future insights of business expenses based on knowledge of the business.
- Prepares, reviews and distributes financial reports to business leaders and executives.
- Creates financial packages for executives and corporate finance teams.
- Models business scenarios to support cost benefit analysis.
- Tracks key financial performance metrics.
- Improves of the expense measurement process and influences changes in the business’ operating model.
- Communicates publicly to managers and executives in the organization.
- Drives efficiencies by effectively communicating business cases and securing commitments from the business.
- Demonstrates their individual success through performance metrics for customer satisfaction.
- Simplifies finance to make comprehension easier and drives leaders to make quicker, better decisions.
- Identifies non-value add processes in the department and seeks solutions.
This position reports to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis who, in turn, reports to the Assistant Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment.
- Able to build effective relationships with multiple levels.
- Possess a passion for service and excellence.
- Ability to think critically, analyze, prioritize, take initiative and problem solve.
- Innovative with a focus on efficiency and automation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required.
- Ability to communicate financial information to a non-financial audience.
- Strong presence with the ability to interact with leadership.
- Ability to execute against deadlines with accuracy and a high degree of quality.
- Can clearly articulate points of view and provides compelling rationale to influence decisions.
- Understands of financial forecasting strategies and techniques.
- Understands of the links between strategic and financial planning.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel (macros/visual basic, pivot tables, look-ups, etc) and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Hyperion Smart View, Adaptive Insights and PeopleSoft is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or related field, MBA a plus.
- 3-5 years of financial analysis, planning and modeling experience. MBA could be used for 2 years of experience.
- Some travel required – 15%
Every day, Guardian makes the lives of 26 million Americans more secure through our insurance and wealth management products and services. From our founding in 1860, when 21 immigrants joined together to insure and protect their businesses and families when others wouldn’t provide them with insurance, doing the right thing for our policyholders and customers has guided everything we do.
Today, as a $12.5 billion in revenue Fortune 250 company, we are one of the largest mutual insurance companies in the country. We’ve had the privilege of helping a lot of people and remain one of the most highly rated in client satisfaction and financial strength, having paid competitive dividends to our policyholders every single year since 1868.
Values run deep at Guardian and are based on our founder’s ideals of doing the right thing, holding ourselves to high standards and knowing people count. That strength drives our ability to perpetuate success through service and innovation so we continue to give people the security they deserve for life.
Financial Highlights as of 12/31/2017 (statutory basis):
Admitted Assets: $55.6 billion
Liabilities: $48.9 billion (including $41.8 billion of reserves)
Surplus: $6.7 billion
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Primary Location United States-Pennsylvania-Bethlehem
Shift Day Job
Job Type Standard
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting Aug 6, 2018, 2:39:29 PM