Pembroke Partners is currently recruiting for a Program and Business Management Consultant to join our advisory practice to provide program and business management consulting support for leadership within a large Federal Agency located in Washington D.C.
- POSITION TITLE: Program and Business Management Consultant
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Washington, D.C.
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Some travel—less than 10%
- WORK WEEK: 40 Hours – On site
- START DATE: Within the next two months
- SECURITY: Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and pass a National Agency Check with Inquiries
(NACI) or equivalent.
*A resume is required for all applicants.
The successful candidate will provide the full range of Program and Business Management consulting to a Federal Agency responsible for Programs covering all 50 states and U.S. Territories. The position will support a small team with the objective to improve business management capabilities by providing strategic, portfolio, and program management consulting services. Functionally, the position will focus on business portfolio management, project performance management, business requirements management, project scheduling and controls. Strong Microsoft Project capabilities are required.
Knowledge and Demonstrated Ability:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience.
- Excellent consulting and business analysis skills such as listening, analysis, problem-solving, attention to detail, writing and communication.
- Strong Microsoft Project scheduling and tracking expertise.
- Proficient in developing reports and presentations in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to plan and track projects and budgets in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Proven experience working independently.
- Ability to work in a consulting role directly with senior client management.
- Individual commitment to continued training and professional development.
- Desire and ability to help clients solve relevant performance challenges.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to facilitate a meeting is highly desired.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Federal Government Budgeting, Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) laws, and Project Management regulations and processes.
- Familiar with Federal Enterprise Architecture models and practices.
- Relevant Project Management Institute (PMI) certifications (PMP, CAPM, PgMP)
- Previous consulting experience in or for large IT organizations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Program Management Consulting: 6 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply