At the Kentucky Lottery, we want to make winners out of our players, retailers, students and our employees. We are looking for the best talent to join our winning team. If you want to be a part of an organization that has provided students in Kentucky with more than $3 billion in grants and scholarships, then we have an opportunity for you! Are you ready to fuel your imagination?
The Digital Printing Operator executes internal printing jobs to sustain the in-house production schedule for various sales and marketing materials, as well as select office supplies, forms. Supports printing for other departmental needs, as necessary. Coordinates closely with Graphic Artist and Promotions & Production Manager to prepare materials for production and meet deadlines. Monitors product for quality during job runs and takes action to correct any problems. Adheres to all safety guidelines.
- Operates digital printing press and occasionally operates other equipment such as folder, cutter, perforator, collator, drill, stapler, padder, etc.
- Works with the Promotion & Production Manager and Graphic Artist on production requests.
- Provides input and creative ideas for new pieces of point of sale or to enhance and promote the entire game portfolio.
- Estimates simple to complex print orders and advises on print and bindery options, packaging limitations as well as timelines for completion.
- Oversees production work flow, scheduling jobs, and deadlines with other elements of print production.
- Coordinates with individuals throughout the organization on any specifications of produced pieces to ensure they are accurate.
- Monitors equipment during job runs; remains alert to mechanical problems and corrects if possible or refers to maintenance as necessary. Performs routine equipment maintenance and upkeep and/or arranges for service if required.
- Packs finished products into cartons, labels and ships as required. Notifies internal and regional offices of shipment and delivery schedules.
- Monitors product inventory accordingly.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining supplies, including equipment needs.
- Anticipate problems and resolves issues in the production process to allow for a timely completion of work.
- Completes with accuracy all related logs and paperwork.
- Maintains pressroom area to keep work space clean and organized.
- Assists elsewhere within the Marketing department whenever needed and performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three to five years’ experience operating equipment in a production environment including press and bindery experience.
- Ability to understand and productively use various equipment and new technology relevant to this role and the knowledge to solve technical problems with both hardware and software.
- Knowledge of paper stocks, inks and related materials/techniques is a must.
- Proven ability to apply written instruction to machine set-up and maintenance.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Good mathematical skills required.
- Attention to detail and PC knowledge required.
- Good communication and work planning skills a must.
- Ability to meet physical demands to lift and stand for periods of time.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow safety standards.
- Demonstrated record of consistently good attendance/punctuality.
This position has no supervisor responsibilities.
- Warehouse environment (climate controlled)
- May require flexible work hours including evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds: Occasionally
- Operates a computer: Frequently
- Talking and/hearing: Frequently
- Seeing - must be able to read reports: Continuously
- Sit for long periods of time: Occasionally
- Standing for long periods of time: Continuously
- Moving: Continuously
- Stooping, kneeling, crawling: Occasionally
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary benefit plans, generous paid time off plans, retirement plans – including 401(k), 457(b), IRAs, and a money purchase retirement plan in which the company contributes a portion of your base pay.
We will only contact candidates who match the qualifications for this role and who are selected for the next steps in the talent acquisition process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)