The Treasury and the Chief Investment Office (TCIO) within JPMorgan manages the balance sheet of one of the world’s largest global financial institutions with more than $2.5 trillion in assets and liabilities, including more than $800 billion in loans and $1.3 trillion in deposits. Because it sits at the very center of the firm, TCIO directly influences the composition of the firm’s balance sheet as well the activities of the firm’s four main lines of business (LOBs): Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank, and Consumer & Community Banking.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Deploying the firm’s excess liquidity
- Managing the firm’s funding and liabilities
- Aggregating and managing the structural interest rate and foreign exchange risk of JPMorgan’s main businesses
- Managing the firm’s liquidity risk and its regulatory compliance
The Corporate Treasury Middle Office team (CTMO) within CIO provides support for the firm in regards to liquidity and structured interest rate risk (SIRR) reporting. Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the operating model supporting the sourcing and flow of data from LOB systems of record to ensure data integrity through variance and trend analysis and reconciliations to the Firm’s general ledger.
- Partnering with Corporate Treasury, JPMC LOBs, and Risk Oversight to produce key reports and metrics for regulators and senior leadership to measure and validate JPMC’s liquidity and structural interest rate risk.
- Management of change to the operating model, system architecture, and interest rate risk models where the team’s functions are dependent.
The team has locations in North America (Delaware and NYC), Europe (London) and Asia (Hong Kong).
The position offers a good opportunity to be the focal point for all firmwide liquidity analytics and good visibility into all the LOBs across the bank. It provides a unique opportunity to understand firmwide liquidity initiatives as well as macro industry changes in the liquidity space. There is extensive interaction and communication with colleagues within the various lines of business, Treasury, Risk, senior management and other corporate functions, including Corporate/Capital Planning & Analysis and Corporate Finance Analytics. There is also significant visibility to senior management, as the team's analyses and reports are regularly presented to senior management and the Board of Directors and external regulators.
The team also frequently develops ad-hoc analyses for specific regulatory initiatives and senior management requests for data and analytics.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of liquidity analytics and liquidity risk as well as internal liquidity stress scenarios and their impact on JPMC and underlying legal entities globally
- Assist team efforts to provide liquidity ratio calculations and analysis using advanced liquidity analytics and data analysis tools, interpreting and assessing the implications of regulatory changes and underlying business changes, to enable senior management to evaluate the bank’s liquidity position and risk on an ongoing basis
- Interact with the LOBs and other Corporate areas in order to obtain, understand, analyze and draw conclusions with respect to liquidity risks and corresponding firmwide impacts
- Prepare liquidity stress scenarios and validate underlying assumptions, providing variance analysis to identify liquidity risks and drivers
- Manage and enhance liquidity stress tests to incorporate stressed capital impacts, legal entity views, intraday liquidity needs, and currency risk
- Lead and participate in ad-hoc high impact initiatives and projects as needed for senior management or regulatory initiatives
Six or more months experience in financial analysis or risk management
Strong analytical skills, including financial analytics, financial modeling and data analysis skills
Expertise in analyzing large data sets to assess financial trends, assess data quality, run data queries and diagnostics and ability to synthesize and visualize data
Strong computer skills, particularly Excel, Access, macros, pivot tables etc.
Strong attention to detail
Creative thinking and problem solving skills
Ability to work with various stakeholders and lead high impact initiatives independently
Strong verbal and written communication skills, confidence and ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to senior management
Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks, and execute effectively
Focused work ethic, good business sense, and demonstrated initiative
Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit
Experience in Treasury / investment operations or other Treasury / Funding related areas a plus