Our growing private pediatric therapy practice in Loveland CO is seeking an occupational therapist with a sense of fun, a desire to make a difference, a commitment to quality, and good organization and communication skills.
We are a mid-sized pediatric practice serving a variety of clients.We need a therapist with experience working with a pediatric population. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with autism, various syndromes, and developmental delays. Training and experience in sensory integration is also an advantage.
This is a part-time pay-per-visit position requiring a minimum of 10 hours availability during late afternoons to address after-school scheduling needs.
Responsibilities and Duties include
- Conducting patient assessments and evaluations as needed to determine medical history and current skill levels
- Working cooperatively with family and team members to determine client and family needs and develop individualized objectives
- Communicating with physicians and other health care providers to develop and confirm a Plan of Care with specific objectives
- Providing ongoing education to family members and other supportive individuals regarding activities and techniques that support clients in reaching their goals
- Planning and conducting occupational therapy sessions in accord with written Plan of Care for children ages birth to 21 years of age with a variety of diagnoses
- Being aware of any financial restrictions, and being aware of due dates for PARS and reports.
- Generating timely and efficient reports for clients and their physicians and families
- Assisting in achieving financial budget targets
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy preferred
- Experience providing occupational therapy to pediatric clients
- Current Colorado OT license required
- Current active NPI and Colorado Medicaid numbers preferred
- Willingness to participate in continuing education courses
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Ability to work effectively with children and their families as well as other team members
- Effective and persuasive verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment
Salary and Benefits
Salary is competitive and negotiable dependent on experience and agreed upon schedule.
- Benefits begin at 20 hours per week
Ideally, this position will be filled by 7/1/18.
Job Type: Part-time
Required work authorization: