Greenville–SpartanburgInternational Airport (GSP) is located near Greer, South Carolina, midwaybetween Greenville and Spartanburg. The airport is the second busiest airportin South Carolina with nearly 1.1 million enplanements in 2017.
TheGreenville-Spartanburg International Airport, similar to many of the nation’stop 100 commercial service airports, is a political subdivision of the State ofSouth Carolina that operates without taxpayer subsidy.
The Airport's Mission
Webegin each day fully committed to finding new ways to achieve our mission toadvance the economic prosperity of the region by providing a safe, convenient,user-friendly, and cost competitive air transportation system connecting theregion with the nation and world.
The Airport's Values
SAFETY& SECURITY: We embrace them as our priority.
EXCELLENCE: We are committed to ensuring excellence in all we do.
INNOVATION: We embrace innovative solutions and are always ready for change.
INTEGRITY: We are dedicated to honest and ethical practices.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We accept responsibility for our actions.
TEAMWORK: We think and act like one team, bonded by mutual trust and respect.
There are six major airlines at GSP: Allegiant, American,Delta, Frontier, Southwest and United. Combined, these airlines offer:
- An average of 50 nonstop daily departures
- Nonstop service to 16 major cities and 19 major airports across the U.S.
Over100 million pounds of cargo are loaded on and off planes every year at GSP. Theairport also handles over 1000 just in time cargo (hot shot) flights each year.
Providesday to day technical support and preventative maintenance for clientworkstations, networked and specialized printers, analog and VOIP phones, digitalinformation displays, mobile devices, uninterruptible power supplies, and allother airport owned equipment. Delivers tier1 and 2 support for airport provided systems utilized by airport district employees,airline agents, and airport tenants.
Responsibilities(Essential Job Functions)
- General responsibilities of the position include, but arenot limited, to the following:
- Maintain adequatepaper stock for use by airline shared use systems.
- Ensure that allpublic facing information displays (FIDS, GIDS, BIDS) are functioning normally.
- Document equipmentinventory details including equipment type, physical location, and warranty status.
- Create, schedule, andcoordinate client workstation replacement based on system lifecycle.
- Maintain clientworkstation security and stability by ensuring relevant operating system and firmware patches are installed recurrently.
- Provide support and maintenancefor office printers while closely monitoring toner supply and paper stock. Provide support, maintenance, and paper stockmanagement for specialized printers including bag-tag, boarding pass, and kioskprinters.
- Manage, repair, anddocument category 6 and fiber optic cabling connections in a data center styleenvironment.
- Troubleshoot issueswith the analog and VOIP phone systems as necessary.
- Troubleshoot wirelessclient connectivity issues.
- Support userfunctions in a predominantly Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 365 environment.
- Answer and provideguidance on support related phone calls placed by district employees, airline staff, and airport tenants.
- Collaborate closelywith department team members on multiple projects.
- Maintain currentknowledge of advancing technologies with emphasis on use cases within the airport environment.
- Participate in an afterhours on call rotation and work shift as deemed necessary by business needs.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of supervisors, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- High School Diplomaand four years of relevant experience, (OR)
- An Associates orhigher degree from an accredited college or university in computer technology/informationsystems along with two years of relevant experience.
- Two to four years ofprogressive experience as a technical support specialist or system support specialist.Technical certifications may substitute for education or experience at thediscretion of management.
- Strong skillset inMicrosoft Windows administration and support is preferred.
- Exceptional knowledgeof hardware, software, and networking technologies associated with a MicrosoftWindows environment including, but not limited to: Microsoft ActiveDirectory in a Windows Server 2012 (or higher) environment
- Microsoft Office 365Administration
- Microsoft SQL ServerManagement
- Printer and FileSharing Permissions
- Basic multimediaapplications and technologies
- DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, FTPand other related services and protocols
- Understanding of LANand WAN technologies, as well as server backup and maintenance procedures.
- Familiarity withphysical data cabling, such as Twisted Pair, Single and Multi-mode Fiber.
- Experience with hardwareconfiguration and repair of desktops and laptops, server maintenance andtroubleshooting, upgrading hardware components, and network printer configuration.
- Ability to independentlyanalyze and solve routine computer related problems. Ability to read a variety of informationaldocumentation including directions, instructions, methods and procedures,technical manuals, software manuals, wiring diagrams, blueprints, productdocumentation and related materials.
- CompTIAA+, Network+, Security+, Server+
- MicrosoftMCSA, MCSE
Special Knowledge,Skills, and Abilities
- This position requires skills in analytics, reporting, task prioritization, organization, verbal communication, and the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Must work well in a team environment and with limited instruction or supervision.
- Ability to writereports, speak before others with poise, voice control and confidence.
- Must be willing and ableto learn and understand complex principles and techniques; to make independentjudgments in absence of supervision; and to acquire knowledge of topics relatedto primary occupation.
- Ability to maintain ahigh degree of confidentiality, to perform work with a positive attitude and ina professional manner at all times.
- Physical Demands – At times, exposed to heat, cold, rain, and snow in a noisy environment. Must possess the ability to perform strenuous physical activities such as lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce potential risk of injury in work areas.
- Will be subject to recall after normal duty hours.
- Work schedules may include rotating shifts, night shifts, hours of work and days off may be changed at any time at the discretion of the supervisor. The Airport operates on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis.
Mustbe able to complete and pass pre-employment/post offer checks to include, butnot limited to, background, drug, references, education, and DMV, as requiredby the Federal Government, aviation-related authorities and the District.
TheAirport District is a political subdivision of the State of South Carolina. TheSouth Carolina Public Benefit Authority (PEBA) provides the Airport Districtwith competitive retirement and insurance benefits. Competitive salaryprovided.
GSPAirport District is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
Communication method(s) used: