Are you an experienced user interface designer who is looking to join a funded, growing, fast-paced startup based in Houston? Are you passionate about understanding the users of an application, how they use it, what they need, and then designing something that’s exactly right? If so, we would like to talk to you!
Experience in IT or working with technical end-users is a huge plus!
About Liongard and the UI Design Lead Role
Liongard is a fast-paced tech startup based in Houston, Texas. Our software automation platform – Roar – is changing the way that IT service companies manage their customers. Our team and customer base are both growing rapidly, and we’re looking for a seasoned professional and A-player to join us as the Product UI Design Lead. Your primary role will be to maintain and drive forward the user interface and overall user experience in Roar.
Our platform’s primary function is to extract data from a huge variety of IT infrastructure systems and make that data actionable and delightful for our users. Our customers are IT professionals and your role will require gaining a deep understanding of their mindset and needs.
This position requires a strong ability to understand information architecture, user experience, and user experience patterns. You will encounter varied UI challenges due to the scale and varied types of data presented in the application. Your goal is to develop the team’s design language, UI processes and procedures to implement your designs.
This is a full-time position in Houston, Texas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Quickly gain an understanding of our SaaS software product, the key components, and how our users interact with it
- Understand the partner journey within the app to drive increased usage, satisfaction, and retention
- Drive forward use of tools, techniques, and processes to rapidly develop and test new UI elements: low-fi sketches, high-fi comps, written requirements, etc. all as appropriate
- Drive the advancement of our interaction model and information architecture
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to the product team and developers
- Liase and coordinate design development within the design team and with third-party designers
Knowledge Skills and/or Abilities Required
- At least 3 years’ experience as a UX designer, UI designer, or UI-oriented product manager for web-based software
- At least 3 years of experience developing information architecture and/or interaction design
- Display a strong portfolio of past design projects
- Proficient in design software (e.g., Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: projection of professional image and credibility, teamwork oriented and inclusive, communication within the team
- Background in project management and/or application design
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- 4-year degree in Design, Human Interaction Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Professional office environment
Only local candidates need apply.
For more information, please go to https://www.liongard.com/careers/
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Liongard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Job Type: Full-time
- Information Architecture: 3 years (Required)
- UI Design: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off