Tandem Hospital Partners works with leading hospital systems across the U.S. to build and operate state-licensed, CMS-accredited, acute care neighborhood hospitals. These next-generation hospitals offer convenient, 24/7 neighborhood access to high quality, compassionate emergency and inpatient care, offering low wait times and an exceptional patient experience.
Tandem’s strong clinical, retail, and hospital experience establishes us as the preferred partner in this emerging, innovative industry segment with the most experienced, collaborative, values-driven leadership team. By partnering with Tandem, hospitals can meet the growing demand for emergency and inpatient services in communities where they are currently underrepresented, providing more convenient access to high quality, integrated and patient-centered care.
Job Opportunity – A/P Staff Accountant
Candidate is responsible for supporting the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions including AP, A/R, Payroll & Revenue as it pertains to a Hospital based Integrated Delivery System.
He or she will adhere to a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that financial reporting is prepared in compliance with financial policies, SEC requirements, and US GAAP/IFRS.
- Upholds the values and mission of the Tandem Hospital Partners family
- Is responsible to ensure that only valid claims with proper management authorization are paid
- Provides inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation
- Applies GAAP/IFRS guidance and support to company entities
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP/IFRS. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure compliance
- Provides detail support for account balances and reconciles account balances monthly on the general ledger.
- Provides and maintains provided by client (PBC) reporting schedules timely and in line with the outside CPA firm external audit requirements.
- Ensures that the computer system continues to operate as required. Involved in validating/designing suggested changes to ensure accounting requirements continue to be met
- Implements in coordination with the Accounting Manager agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from audit findings
- Ensures that all payroll is timely produced and accounted within the Ultimate software and Great Plains systems.
- Ensures that payables and related contracting purchase order contracts are correctly entered, paid, and reconciled.
- Ensures that the Accounts Payable subledger is reconciled to the General Accounting ledger
- Ensures that all bank accounts and related financial transactions are reconciled monthly and properly booked.
- Ensures that all transactions have appropriate scanned into the system backup documentation
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, CPA certification preferred, MBA/MSA a plus
- 3 years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience within a medium to large scale healthcare organization
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans within healthcare desirable.
- Knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS.
- Preferred candidate will have MS Dynamics Great Plains experience or relevant accounting finance system experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This position is in downtown Houston, 1415 Louisiana Street, Suite 2700, Houston, TX 77002
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Physical Demands – work is primarily sedentary in nature. No special physical demands are required to perform the work. Working Conditions – work is primarily performed in an office setting that is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Up to 25% depending business needs
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States, and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Tandem Hospital Partners strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. THP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, Veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job description and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.